Chapter 3: The New Job

Five days since she moved in. Five days without a job. No luck had come her way. Evangeline walked into the Bar she called home and sighed before taking a seat on one of the bar stools.She had looked for jobs everywhere yet no one wanted to employ a ragged 16 year old girl.Men had offered her money for sex but she declined knowing much better than to sell her body for money.

No, Evangeline wanted to earn money the right way. She sat on the stool looking into the shiny bar wood as Timothy  -the bar tender that rented her the room- came over.

"Any luck Angie?" He asked.

She shook her head in a disappointing way.

"Shame, Can I get you anything? On the house?" Timothy asked smiling.

"Water would be nice." She said gloomily.

Timothy walked away to grab her water before placing a clean glass of it on the counter for her. He looked at her sadly before leaving her alone to serve other men who walked in. Evangeline still rested her head on the table and looked at the glass filled with pure water. She stared at it and watched it move in its glass. The was it rippled and splashed. She was curious by looking it. Inspired by a glass of water.

Her thoughts were burst as a voice next to her caused Evangeline to snap out of her daydream.

"Hello? Miss? Are you there?" The lady next to her asked shaking her shoulder slightly. Evangeline sat up and looked at the women blankly before shaking her head to wake herself up.

"Yeah sorry I zoned out." She muttered.

"Hey! Im Trisha I couldn't help but over hear your problem of work!" Trisha held out her hand.

"Work?" She shook her hand.

"Yeah! I have a job I can get you. As a cleaner in the castle it doesn't pay much but you will also get a room in the servants chambers if that helps." Trisha stated looking at Evangeline's features.

"Yeah that would be great! When can I start?" Evangeline's face lit up.

"Well when can you start?" Trisha giggled.

"Are you sure I can work there I am 16..."

"Sure why not, The castle hasn't had any young blood in years! And we servants really need the extra hand." The woman explained.

"Wont the King be mad at you employing someone like this?" Evangeline asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nah He wouldn't even notice!Come on ill help you move in!" Trisha squealed before running upstairs to Evangeline's room.

Evangeline looked at Timothy who smiled and nodded. She smiled kindly back before following Trisha to her old room.

"Never in a million years would I think id work for the king..." She muttered.