Chapter 11: Fired?!

"wakey wakey sleeping beauty!" A voice was heard shaking Evangeline. She rolled over in the bed avoiding who ever wanted to wake her up.
Trisha had enough and decided to scream to wake the blonde girl up.

"Okay! I'm awake!" Evangeline jolted up and stared at the maid who smirked.

"What's the schedule today? I hear you ask!" Trisha began to speak.

"I didn't-"

"Nothings on today! Because your fired!!!!" She squealed.

"IM WHAT?!? OH NO NO no no this can't be happening!!!". Evangeline gripped her hair and tears formed in her eyes.

"Calm down mad house, you've got a new job one that requires to visit the king,so have fun~" Trisha sang as she threw Angie out of the servant chambers.

Evangeline grew cold and beads of sweat fell down her forehead. Did she do something wrong to get herself fired? She needs the money desperately!

She entered the study without knocking. Aston (Ash) looked up and smiled.

"Hello" he grinned admiring her features.

"Um Trisha said I'm fired..." she muttered nearly holding back tears and fiddling with her blonde hair.

"Correct"

" Why? Did I do something wrong?" She asked, voice cracking.

"Nope." Was the answer.

"Then why am I fired?!" She asked tears spilling from her eyes. Aston's eyes widened. He didn't think she'd be upset about it.

He got up and walked towards her. He grabbed her and pulled her close for a gentle embrace.

"Actually your 'relieved from work' because we can't have you work as a servant! That's not lady like especially for someone who is now dating royalty." He explained.

" You don't understand I need to work so I can send the money to my mother to pay for-"

"Medical bills? Debt? All payed for in advance!" He smirked down at her.

"What? You payed for them..." she asked. He gave her a small nod. She smiled happily and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you." She mumbled.

"It's fine honestly the least I could do..." he stuttered as his face went bright red.

"Wait where is my things? Trisha kicked me out of the chambers..."

"Trisha is packing them for you so we can take them to your new room. Come on I'll show you." He lead her down the hallways to a door.

"Um I can't sleep with you cause of royal issues which I'll have to fix so erm I got the girls to make your room up." He pointed to the door and opened it.

The room was clean with a big double bed completed with silk sheets that were freshly put there. The room had its own en suite with a fancy toilet. Evangeline normally/always had to use the outside toilet. The room had a giant mirror edged with gold and a giant wardrobe with diamond encrusted handles. The floor was wooden with red accents such as rugs and vases dotted around the room. She had her own shampoo and soaps in the bathroom. Along with her own bath tub that ran hot water without having to heat it on the stove in advance. She also had a balcony and in front of the doors it was draped with silk curtains. She was stunned.

"So I'll help you with your luggage, Trisha still has it." He walked off to the servants chambers with Angie.
She went inside still smiling and quickly grabbed her few ragged clothes and belongings and shoved them in her half straw baggage.

She walked out. She held one luggage bag in her hand and the king just stared.

"Ok done." She exclaimed. Why was he staring?

" Where is the other bags?" He asked staring at her one old straw bag.

"This is it."

"You have one bag..." he spoke slowly so it would sink in.

"Yep"

"Um ok then I guess I'll help you unpack?" He said following her back to the room.

"No need." She paused. "It shouldn't take more than 5 minuets."

She opened the bag before grabbing a half broken hair brush out of it. The brissels of the brush were bent and half missing. The king just stared. She plopped it on the bed. She grabbed some old leather shoes that were a deep brown but not because they were made like that but because they were drenched and stained with mud and other things. They had holes in the souls of them and had a few poorly made stitches on the front to prevent her toes from sticking out.

The king walked forward repulsed by the state of her things.He pulled one of her two only clothing items and gagged. It was horrendous.

"This is what you wear ?!" He asked throwing it on the floor.

"Yes? What's wrong with it?" She asked looking confused.

"What's wrong with it?! Just look at it!! It's a rag! Dirty and wait... is that all your stuff." He asked glaring hoping this to be a joke.

"Yes."

" Ok that's it! MIRANDA!!!" He yelled. A maid named Miranda came in and bowed.

"Take THESE and burn them, along with these! And then I want you to make sure she gets a bath, then I would like you to show her to the seamstress for a new dress to be made along with shoes clear?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

She nodded as he exited.

................. 3 hours later ...................

Evangeline had been scrubbed, washed , cleaned ,measured and given new shoes and a lovely new baby blue dress to wear. And for the night, a short white dress made for bed. She sighed as she sat on her bed. She smiled when she saw new hair brush on her bed with a note saying
-enjoy -Aston/Ash

She smiled and placed it on the table before falling asleep in her new comfy bed.