Chapter 10: Forgive Him?

Evangeline continued her days as normal pretending nothing ever happened. Trisha hardly spoke to her after the guilt almost killed her. She couldn't look at Evangeline without feeling any sharp guilt attack her stomach.

It was the day to clean the throne room. She began to sweep the floor again but no tune was hummed. She heard the doors open. She didn't look. Two boys ran inside and began to chase eachother.

"Steph! No fwair!" The younger yelled chasing his older brother.

"Catch me if you can!" Steph yelled.

"Oh hello miss!" Steph beamed.

"Hello your majesty." Evangeline muttered not making eye contact.

Phillip ran out of the room leaving Stephan and Evangeline to 'talk'.

"Are you alright miss?" He asked.

"Yes Im fine, shouldn't you be playing?" She asked with a weak smile.

"Nah Id much rather talk to you, My Dad did say your a good talker!" Steph giggled.

"Oh."  was the only  thing she could say.

"He also said you hate him." He added. She didn't respond. "im going to go now bye Miss Evangeline!"  The prince ran out after his brother.

She ignored what he said and continued her work. She gloomy walked back to her chambers to find Trisha waiting for her.

"Angie-"

"Dont."

"Please!" She begged tearing up.

"What? anymore lies or secrets I should know about!?" She snapped.

"No but The King wants to see you." She mumbled softly.

"So be it!" She stormed angrily to the kings study but stopped at the door. She took one deep breath and knocked on the door loudly and angrily.

"Come in." Was her sign.

Oh and she did go in. She flew the door open and her hands balled into fists. She walked into the dark study until the lights came on. There the king sat there. And boy did he look a wreck. His face was red, he had bags under his eyes and he looked to be crying. His hair was also greasy as a frying pan would be.

"You called...Your majesty" Evangeline's words stepped out of her mouth like venom.

"Let me explain-"

"Theres nothing to explain your highness! You lied to me! Made me think you were a complete normal guy!"

"I am normal!" He snapped.

"No, your the king that isn't normal!"

"I never lied to you!"

"You did!" She yelled back as the door shut behind her.

"I didn't..." He sobbed into his hands.

Evangeline stepped forward but stopped.She couldn't believe she felt pity on this guy after what he did.

"What do you want?" She sighed crossing her arms.

"My Promise."

"What?" She asked confused.

"You promised me 20 minuets of your time to explain."

"I did...Fine go ahead." She sighed.

"Look My parents did leave me with my two brothers!I never met then until  Then my brothers adopted my sister Charline who was 2 years older than me and flora who is 2 years younger. Then I grew up and went to school where I met Your sister, I got bullied by Brad. I graduated and became king. My girlfriend at the time was pregnant...yeah I got her pregnant at the age of 15. My son was born. Stephan was the best thing to happen to me!"

He paused and sighed.

"I found out Hayley cheated on me for months with Brad Kingsworth. I hated her and she well, She left me with Steph never to be seen again. I was 16 and a king I had no clue...So I let my royal adviser the one who raised me take charge. He was the one who made you suffer!"

"yeah right." She scoffed.

"Then Hayley came back after they split and we got drunk I had a one night stand with her, got her pregnant again. She threatened to kill the child unless I gave her $100,000,000. So I did. Then I got depression and have been trying to make the world fair by persuading parliament...You dont believe me huh? Take a look at this!" He handed her a scroll.

"Plans to build more houses?" She asked looking at the date which was 7 years ago.

"Ive tried to help people like you but im powerless!" He sobbed.

Evangeline was taken back. He wasn't a monster.

"You lied about your name!" She snapped.

"I did not! Ash is my NICKNAME!" He yelled in rage at her. She stepped back.

"sorry. I erm I forgive you." She smiled weakly.

"You dont mean that." He replied coldly.

"I do."

"dont." He laughed.

"I do to..." She sighed.

"you do?"

"Yes."

"Thank you, are you still my friend?" He asked her wiping his eyes.

"If you would like me to be then yes."

"thanks Angie." He smiled.

He stood up and grabbed her hand. She froze. "I did mean everything ive said to you..." He leaned closer.

"um.." She muttered. Her voice was over taken by yet another kiss. This time with the guy who stole her heart.

"Ive fallen for you Angie..." He mumbled.

"I know." She smiled.

"Would you consider giving me a chance?" He asked.

"um well I cant because Im just a peasant."

"Your not a peasant your worth so much more." He replied quickly causing her to blush.

"okay ill give you a chance..." She sighed.

Turns out wishes do come true...

-To Be Continued-