Chapter 7: The Kings Orders

The next few months went by fast. Evangeline made the castle sparkle.It was so clean even to the point where Trisha told her the king was impressed by her work. She was honored but repulsed at the thought of making him happy. Her and Ash got along great he used to sneak out of his job to see her. She even developed a small crush on him.

Evangeline was in the chambers making some food when a voice approached her.

"Hey!" Ash greeted her. She turned to him and smiled.

"Hi." She replied blushing slightly.

"What are you making?"

"Cookies."

"Nice!" He chuckled.

"Anyways Evangeline I wanted to ask If you-"

Ash was cut off by the door opening. They both turned around to see a small boy walk in. He worse a navy blue shirt with golden patterns, matching pants and black shoes.His hair was brown and styled and His eyes were a deep brown almost black. Ash's eyes shrunk.

"Hey D-" He was cut off.

"Steph! What are you doing here?" Ash gritted his teeth. The boy gave Ash a weird look.Ash looked at him as beads of sweat trickled down his face.

"um Who are you?" Stephan asked Evangeline.

"My name is Evangeline and you are?" She asked sweetly. Steph looked confused but smiled.

"Oh you must be new! Im Stephan Valcrest I'm looking for my Father." He smiled up at Ash and Evangeline.

"Oh your Majesty I am So Sorry I didn't-"

"Its okay its nice to be greeted like a normal person for once." Steph beamed with joy.

Evangeline smiled at the child but when she looked at Ash he looked like he was going to faint. He was shaking and sweating.

"So Ash Have you seen my Father?" Steph asked smirking at the male who was shaking from being near a royal, he presumed.

"Y-Yes! I have your majesty Ill take him t-to you..." He stuttered and grabbed the boys hand leading him out.

"Bye Angie!" His voice could be heard from down the hall.

Evangeline laughed at him.

Trisha walked in sighing until she plopped on the bed. "Just seen Ash and the Prince heh." She muttered.

"Have you been to see the King yet?" Evangeline asked. Trisha shot up and jumped off the bed.

"NO I HAVEN'T CYA ANGIE!" She yelled running to the Kings study.

"haha" She laughed at her friend.

-----------------------------

Trisha POV

----------------------------

I ran towards the Kings study and knocked on the door timidly. We are great friends but Hes royalty, you gotta be careful with royals y'know.

"Come in." He spoke deeply.

"Your majesty" I bowed down.

"Trisha! What brings you here?" He asked happily spinning on his chair.

"um you asked to see me sire" I replied scratching my neck awkwardly.

"I did? Oh! I did!" He laughed at his own stupidity.

"yes  I want to warn you that Im doing an employee check up later this week so, get the maids ready."

"What!? But what about Evangeline she will-"

"She'll fine out someday anyways Trish I cant hide this forever, anyways Ash is making sure she will be ready for it." He looked at his hands as he spoke.

"Fine, its your call your highness." I replied with a groan. Evangeline will kill me for not telling her this sooner.

"That is all." He smiled at me with his pearl white teeth.

I bowed and exited the room before going back to the servants chambers. I saw Evangeline asleep already. I slouched onto my bed and began to worry. What if she never forgives me?