Chapter 6 || The Threat

I slowly take a step forward, my heart beating strongly in my chest. I reach my hand up and wrap it around the doorknob, the cold metal reminding me that this is real. I take a deep breath, and open the door.

"Mum?" My voice is barely audible, my eyes stinging with tears as I look at my mum and how vulnerable and small she is curled up in the bed.

Her head turns to the side, her bright eyes small and tired. She forms her mouth into a small, pressed smile, but I can see that she's hurt.

"Mum," I burst out, running over to her. I quickly grab her hand in mine and press firmly, kissing the back of her hand.

"Hi Rose."

Her voice is barely a whisper. I look up at my mother, at the once strong and powerful Katy Perry, and the person that looks back at me is the person that was broken by someone. Someone did something so bad that she's ended up like this. Even if she's found the perfect family, she will forever be haunted.

"Mum I'm so sorry," I cry, wrapping myself in her weak embrace.

She reaches up, her hand shaking, and lifts away a strand of hair from my face. "It's okay baby."

"No, no it's not. The whole time Ive shut myself out, not wanting any help, thinking no one loves me, when you needed me. Ive been so selfish. I love you mum, I love you," I cry even more, my tears falling onto the hospital bed.

"I love you too."

Her voice is pained, but full of love. I can't be selfish. I need to be there for my mum, and kick the person's ass whoever did this to her. But for now, I'll stay by her side. That's the least I can do.

So I take a step closer to the bed, sit down in the chair beside it, and squeeze her hand, not letting go. As what feels like eternity passes, I slowly feel my eyes fluttering shut as my vision goes to darkness.

***

"Rose."

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I hesitantly open my eyes, brightness shining through them. I tilt my head and rub my eyes tiredly. "Yes?"

As my vision focuses, the voice speaks.

"Why don't you get some rest? You've been here all night."

I look up at the voice, my vision focusing on my father. He reaches forward and hands me a bag.

I grab the bag in my hand but I smile weakly. "It's okay."

My dad shakes his head, a hint of a smile on his face. "No. Go take a shower. There are showers in the hospital. Get some food. Walk around." When he sees I won't budge, he sighs. "I want to spend some time with Katy."

My eyes widen and I quickly stand up, letting go of my mum's hand. My dad's hand slides off of my shoulder. "Right, right. Of course! I'm so sorry dad," I quickly say as I hurry out of the room.

Of course he'd want some time with her. He loves her. I facepalm at my stupidity as I make my way to the showers.

I walk into what seems like the dressing room. It's empty. Perfect. I quickly undress myself and jump into the shower. The warm water slowly runs down my body, making me sigh with relief. I flinch when the water reaches my scars, my fingers slowly running softly over them.

It's your fault that mom is sick a voice in my head says as I reach for the soap. I know it's my fault.. I whisper to myself. Everything is my fault. Everything always is, and I can't stop it. Everyone would be better off without me.

A tear runs down my cheek and a sob escapes my lips as I think about everyone who I've hurt. Mum, Matthew, even dad. I can't do this anymore. It's like everything I touch breaks, and every person I love seems to be hurt by me.

I step out of the shower and dry myself, my reflection staring back at me. I blink at myself, thinking of what Matt and my parents said. Their actions make me think that I can be loved. Can I?

I quickly spin around as I hear footsteps approaching and try to cover my almost naked body with my towel. I swallow, the fear unfortunately still stuck in my throat. "W-what are y-you d-doing here?" I whisper.

A smirk stares back at me. Her glossy lips open as she starts to speak. "You're a bitch. Kill yourself right now before your parents have to face you again. It's your fault that Katy Perry is in the hospital. It's all your fault. You're an ugly, filthy, fat dike who doesn't deserve to live. Why don't you just make it easier for everyone else and kill yourself right now? We don't deserve you, and you don't deserve happiness." Rebecca holds out her hand and my eyes trail down to her palm. It's a razor blade.

"W-wha-" I stutter.
"Simple. You slice your wrists, so people think that you just cut too deep," rebecca says, her voice dark and cold that sends shivers up my spine.

I take a deep breath and stand straight. "No."

Jessica's face looks taken aback, and I smile at my victory.

"Okay." Her face has turned that evil cold again. "Let's put it another way. If you don't do what I say, I will kill every single person that you love. That includes your parents, Matt, and the little dog," she takes a step forward, her hand still out held.

"What?! You want to kill Nugget?!" I spit, my body full of anger. She can't threaten me to kill myself.

"It's either you, or your loved ones. You choose."

"Jessica, why do you even want me gone?" I say sadly, my eyes glistening with tears. I know what I need to do, and it won't be pretty.

"I have my reasons. Now do it," she hisses. She places the blade onto my hand and encloses my hand into a fist. I watch as she steps back, her evil grin still there. "Remember; I will kill them."

I take a deep breath. My eyes turn back to Rebecca. I ponder for a while, thinking whether I really should do this. I mean, I can't kill myself! It's just not possible!

"I will kill them..." Jessica sings, swinging a knife around. She has the most devilish grin plastered on her face and that's when I know she really would kill them. There's only one way to save them, and that's to sacrifice myself. I can't do anything else; there's no other option.

I sigh, a tear sliding down my cheek as J reach the blade to my wrist, already feeling the cold sense of relief as the blade presses deeply into my skin. All I can think about is how much I love them.

————————-

Hi babes! So I changed the bully's name. Instead of Rebecca, it's gonna be Jessica! If you read Rebecca then I forgot to change it, just know that she's the bully!