Chapter 9 || Helpless

Katy's POV

I had tried to move anything for as long as I could, before giving up and letting my dreams take over my mind, drifting my thoughts away to something much better.

And then there was that annoying beeping noise. It is constant and never-ending. I can't tell if it's coming from my bedroom or if I'm just making it up. Eventually I decide that it is definitely there and more irritating than anything else. I don't know exactly how much time it took, but I know it has been extensive, or at least is seems like it for me. I was now finally able to shift my body.

I'm resting my head on my wrist, feeling a cord attached to it. Confused, I yank at the cord. I keep fidgeting with it, as it won't move, before a cold hand clamps down on mine, locking it in place.

"Stop doing that" the voice says, stern aware. The voice is deep and recognizable. It takes me some seconds to connect the dots and realize it's just lando.

Just as I was about to open my eyes and look at his handsome face, I hear how the door to the room swings open.

"Matt? What's wro- holy fuck" I hear how lando gasps.

Wait, who else is in the room? I think to myself.

"Rose Holy shit what the fuck did she do?! We need a doctor. NOW!" lando panics.

What is happening? What has happened to Rose? What did she do? Worries and nerves comes back full-throttle.

"Um, we should involve the police," I hear another voice say, which I think is Matthew.

"What? Matt what the hell?" Lando replys angrily.

"Because I uh found uh this. She left this."

My heartbeat starts to rise. What did Matthew find? What did she leave? I feel so helpless in this situation and it's painful to know that there's nothing I can do to help my baby girl.

"Where. The. Fuck. Is. Jessica. She will pay for this," lando says with a stern voice.

"What happened?" An unrecognizable voice appears out of nowhere. The vocie turns out to be a doctor. Lando starts to explain what has happened. Our baby, my baby, tried to commit suicide, or someone made her do it.

I feel how my breath hitches, suddenly I can't breathe. The tension is rising as I feel how my eyes are burning, even though they're still closed. Slow tears run down my cheeks. I can't catch my breaths. My chest is rising rapidly up and down and The annoying beeping noise is back, more intense and louder than ever.

I hear how lando is screaming my name as he is shaking my fragile body.

It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's all my fault.

The panic inside of me arises. I can't stop the tears, I can't stop the fear corrupting my head, little by little.

Lando's, and unrecognizable voices, increase. I try to clasp my breaths, but it's like chasing a bird, the more you try to catch it, the further it goes. Everything flies away from me. I can't open my eyes, I can't hear, all I can do is feel
the sharp pain in my chest, the thoughts that haunt me. I can't escape this panic attack.