Chapter 7 || The Letter

Matthew's POV

I sigh, running my hand through my hair as I check my phone to see if Rose has texted me. Nothing. I wonder where Rose got off to? I should probably go and look for her. I haven't seen her since our talk, and with what's going on with Katy I know she's not happy.

"Rose?" I scream, my screams echoing through the empty hallways. I sigh, but turn a right into Katy's room. Orlando is sitting in front of me, his head tilted to the side, a single tear sliding down his cheek. I turn my gaze to his lingering hand gripping tightly onto hers, and my heart aches as my eyes flicker to her cold, lifeless, face.

"Oh my god," I whimper, covering my mouth with my hands. I take steps closer and bend down to Katy's level. "Is she gonna be okay?" My words barely come out as a whisper as I see the person who's always been there, who I've grown up with, who's like my second mother, lifeless. Stiff. Still. Her eyes are pressed shut but her natural long lashes shine brightly from the hospital light.

Orlando sighs, and when he brings his head up to meet with my gaze I finally notice how serious this is.

"They don't know."

His puffy, red eyes avoid my eye contact and I don't even hesitate as I wrap my arms around his body and give him a long, tight hug. Straight away Orlando wraps his arms around me too, and his shoulders shake as he silently cries.

"They said only a miracle can save her, will wake her," he cries.

We break apart and I sigh in frustration. Katy can't be gone. She just can't. She means everything to me, to Orlando, to Rose.

Rose!

I stand up straight and look around the room, but no sign of her.

"She's taking a shower."

Orlando knows me so well. I softly chuckle as I walk out of the room. "Thanks Lan. I'll be back soon," I sigh.

I make my way down to the showers and notice that the door is closed. I knock on the plain white door with a little cartoon female on it. "Rose?"

No reply.

"R-Rose? Are Y-you there?"

Still no reply.

"Okay Rose, you're starting to freak me out. Cut it out!" My voice rises in anger, frustration, and fear.

But still, no reply.

"Alright, I'm coming in!" I huff. I turn the door handle and expect lots of screaming girls that cover themselves up, so I'm about to say it's okay I'm gay, but no signs or screams of girls.

Except one.

And she's laying on the floor.

"Oh my god, Rose!" I scream. I rush towards her and place my hand on her arm, shaking her, trying to do anything to wake her up. That's when it hits me. Her arm. Blood is running down her arm and I flicker my eyes to the source. A deep, bloody cut is sliced in her arm and a razor blade is held in her other hand.

"Holy shit," I cry out. I quickly pick her up in my arms and cradle her in my lap, before a see a clean white note layed on the floor. It has my name written on it in shaky handwriting. Rose's. I carefully pick it up and open it, unable to stop my hands from shaking furiously as my tears keep rolling down one after the other. I read it.

Whoever has found this, Give it to Matthew just like it says his name on the front of the envelope. Matthew, I'm sorry. Matthew, I love you. I love you so much, and I love my parents. That's why I did it. I know you're the one who's always there for me. I love you like a brother, a best friend, a soulmate for life. I just want you to know that I didn't kill myself, okay? I don't want you to be that disappointed in me. I would never leave you, even though sometimes life was shit. No, this was a threat. From Jessica. Please keep my Mum, my dad, and Nugget safe. I want to tell you the truth because that's what you deserve. Jessica threatened me. She told me if I didn't kill myself, she would kill everyone I loved instead. You, Mum, dad, even poor little Nugget. I had no choice. It was either you guys, or me. I chose me. I love you.

Rose