ix. WEEK FOUR.

LOUIS

Oh shit. After what happened last night I’m not able to stare for the camera for four to five minutes and pretend nothing happened. Shit shit shit.

It’s time for our video diary of the week and I’m shitting my pants. Not literally. But, you know.

Besides, this stupid gorgeous curly haired boy decided to sit next to me, AGAIN. Isn’t it enough what he did last night? I mean, I haven’t been able to forget it, the moment it’s constantly screaming inside of my head, replaying over and over again.

“Hello, we’re One Direction and this is our video diary week number four,” Harry says besides me, meaning the recording has started.

You see, I’m wearing a scarf in my eyes, that way I won’t fuck up that much in front of the camera. Besides, everybody will think it’s just a normal thing, coming from me and they will all accept it. And I don’t care if they don’t, I’m not going to pretend to pay attention in front of that bloody camera.

Okay I’ll tell you why I’m so stressed right now. Harry and I kissed last night. Yeap, that’s right.

Last week, Harry seemed a little off, we even thought he was ill or something. We kept asking him what was happening or if he felt bad but he didn’t want to tell us. Not until last night, when we were both alone.

Harry is nudging me, meaning it’s my time to talk.

“I think, ummm— we all agree, that last weekend was our best performance,” I say, turning to face the lads. Not actually, I’m not seeing them, but whatevs.

So yesterday, I was in the boy’s room, just resting while everybody was outside, grabbing dinner, like Niall and Zayn or just with the other contestants, like Liam hanging with Cher, but I was just chilling in my bed, slowly falling asleep because I was tired and I needed some time alone.

And of course, Harry peeked through the door, knocking softly before realizing I was actually awake, “Come in, come in dear Harold,” I told him, sitting in the bed, lying over the headboard. “What’s the matter?”

Harry sat next to me, head down and look avoiding me, his fingers playing with each other, and then I noticed he was clearly nervous.

Zayn is talking behind me about the song last week, “Nobody knows!” I interrupt him, earning a chuckle from Niall, and I turn myself over to mind my own business again.

So, Harry was nervous and I tried to take his chin and make him look up to see me. But when I did, his green eyes were sparkly and I guess that’s when I thought that was going to end that way.

“Lou,” Harry said in his low husky voice, very soft getting closer to me, “I want— I want to know something.”

“Hmh?” it’s the only thing I managed to say there in front of him, watching him pout and flutter his beautiful eyelashes.

“Have you ever felt like a strong connection, like this undeniable thing inside of you, like a force field, dragging you to places and— people, and you know you can’t deny it, even though it’s weird to like, read into it and the other side— like the other side of that force field and the other side of the connection, the other side of the string pulling you closer to it, just— it’s hard to decipher and—,”

“Harry, just tell me,” I said to him, getting desperate because he was now stuttering.

“The thing is,” Harry said, finally looking directly as me, not even blinking once but leaning even closer, “You’re the other part, Lou. You’re the other side of the force field, dragging me towards you, since the very first second I met you and I’m tired of denying this thing between us, because there is and— I know it’s hard for you to understand it, but I just feel like there’s a reason why destiny has been keeping us so close yet so far until now. Maybe now is the time, maybe now is the right time. For me it feels like it, anyways. And I’ve come to understand what my feelings are towards you.”