Chapter 1: Before and After

Michael's POV

Loser...Loser.... Loser. The word drove me mad! Echoing and echoing in my mind as I sit in the bathtub... how long am I going to suffer in here? I lower my head, pulling on my hair trying to shut my brain up. I don't know why I ever thought we would stay friends, I'm just a gay loser. The entire school knows I'm gay for Jeremy, well except him of course... I look down at my arm but quickly move the thought out of my brain... is this his doing or just the squip?

My thoughts are cut off by screams from outside the door. I jump up and out of the tub. I was about to open the door but the nob was burning hot so I yanked my hand away.

"FIRE!" A girl shrieks. Oh god oh god oh god!

I look around nervously then see a window... please open ... I wipe my eyes so I can see better, dang tears. I managed to open the window and crawl out.

I sigh and just make my way home....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy stood there a wide smile across his face... I smiled too ... he's happy so I guess I'm happy too.

"Do you think blue would be better?" He asks, holding up a blue tux.

"It's just a date man." I chuckle.

"No it's not 'just a date' Michael it's a date with Christine!" Jeremy says, his face seemed light and dreamy.

I shrug putting my headphones next to me on his bed.

"Why do you have so many tuxes anyways?" I ask.

Jeremy blushes, and a huge smile forms on my face.

"What's with the blush?" I ask. He mumbles something.

"What?" I question.

"I went to daddy son dances ok?!" He snaps, flustered, which makes me chuckle.

"I didn't know that was a thing." I say. Jeremy laughs and puts the tux back in his closet.

"Sorry, I'm probably boring you." He chuckles.

"No not really." I shrug.

I know he has Christine, ...but god was he cute panicking over a date!

"Want to play some video games?" He asks.

"Heck yeah!" I shout.

He jumps next to me on the bed and hands me a controller. The Xbox turns on and he opens our favorite game of course. I look at the loading screen, it was black so there was a reflection, I stare at Jeremy's reflection, blushing a bit.

'No homo' I remind myself, he's not gay I have to get over it! My eyes drift to looking at him directly, I daze. I didn't notice the game stared.

"MICHAEL!" Jeremy shouts, knocking me out of my daze and making me jump.

I look at the screen, my character was dead.

"Oops." Is all I can say. He pauses the game.

"Sorry." I chuckle nervously.

"You have been kind of distant, you ok dude?" He asks.

I glance at our backpacks that were leaning against the wall, his only had the faintest trace of 'Boyf' but I just kept 'Riends' on, I always want to tell him but I can't.