Chapter 5: Sparks

Michael's POV (sorry there's so much Michael but Jeremy's like... blind soooo)

"Michael?" A faint voice calls.

I was just barley conscious but I woke up immediately when there was a loud thud and a crushing weight.

"Sorry!" Jeremy squeaks, jumping off me.

"It's fine, are you ok?" I ask, using my arms to help me sit up, but my arm hurt and I fell back down.

I sit up without using my arms and grab my glasses so I can see. I look at Jeremy, he was looking at me worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"What happened to your arm?" He asks.

I look at my arm, it had started bleeding again and my hoodie was soaked. I groan, I can never keep these things clean.

"It's nothing." I say. I look at the time, it was 9am.

"So you can see?" I ask.

"No, but I can see enough." He says, with a slight whimper

"I think you are hallucinating." I lie.

He seemed like he slightly believed it but before I could process to move my arm, Jeremy reaches out and touches where my cuts are, causing me to wince in pain. He quickly moves his hand away.

"I don't think so." He says.

"Don't worry about it." I say simply.

"I'm going to worry about it Michael, I'll get you a towel." He says, starting to get up but I grab his arm.

"No stay, you can't see." I say. He looks at me nervously.

"I can get it, if your that worried." I sigh.

He smiles and sits back down. I get up and go into the bathroom, rinsing my arm and drying it with a towel. Jeremy stumbles in.

"I told you not to move." I sigh.

He squints at my arm but seems to get annoyed when he can't see it.

"I need to show you the bandages." He says.

"I don't need-" I begin, but he cuts me off.

"Yes you do!" He says, and I groan.

He goes into the drawer and pulls out gauze. Jeremy hands it to me and I wrap it around my arm.

"What happened?" He asks again... sudden panic rushes his face.

"You didn't-... did you?" He mumbles.

I didn't respond just put the towel in the laundry bin and the rest of the wrap in the drawer.

"I guess I just felt like it was my fault." I mumble.

"It wasn't.." Jeremy says.

He starts to walk towards me but trips. I catch him under his arms before he hits the ground.

"You need to get back to your-" I begin, but he leaned towards me and his soft lips met mine.

My stomach turned and my heart leaped and I soon melted into it. I have been waiting for this moment for what feels like a life time.

He backs out of the kiss and my heart wanted more.

"I wish I could see you." He says quietly. I smile. I couldn't believe what just happened.

"Well my hair is a mess so it's a good thing you can't." I chuckle softly.

A part of me thinks that he only likes me right now because he can't see me, but the rest of me is excited out of its mind.

Jeremy chuckles. There was a sparkle in his eyes. I never wanted to let go but all good things have to come to an end at some point.

"Do you want breakfast?" I ask.

"We don't have much-" Jeremy begins, standing up strait.

"I can cook." I shrug, and he smiles.

"I can't wait." He says. I help him down the stairs and sit him in the couch.

"God I wish that Squip had a physical form I would kill him." I growl.

"Honestly be my guest." Jeremy laughs.

I grab a pan and put it on the stove then turn the nob. The stove showed no sign of being on and in a moment of genius I touch it. It hurt. I curse under my breath and pull my hand away.
Jeremy didn't seem to notice though.

"So what do you want pancakes, eggs..?" I ask

"Surprise me." He says.

I shrug and grab the pancake mix, it's easier anyways.

~time skip~

Jeremy seemed to like the pancakes but it started to get a little awkward, we couldn't really play video games and we have talked about everything in the world already.

"This isn't interfering with any plans of yours is it? I'll be fine on my own if it is." Jeremy says.

"What.. no dude your the only person I would have plans with, also I get to take a week off of school!" I laugh. Jeremy just had a weak smile.

"Did you have plans?" I ask curiously.

"Well I mean no..." he says.

"Are you ok?" I ask.

"Yeah I just... really wish I wasn't blind." He groans.

"Don't worry you'll heal in no time! And when you do then we can game until our eyeballs fall out!" I say, playfully nudging him. He smiles.

"What time is it?" He asks. I look at the clock.

"5pm." I say.

I start thinking of things we can do. Jeremy leans back on the couch.

"The stupid ringing is back." He groans, putting his hands over his ears even though it does nothing.

"It doesn't hurt does it?" I ask.

"No, it's just annoying." He says.

"Ok good, how does your head feel?" I ask, slightly drowsy. We stayed up late and I still kept waking up with random panic attacks.

"It's fine, and your arm?" He asks.

"Same as always." I chuckle "I'm taking care of you, not the other way around." I mumble, my eyes were just barley open but I didn't bother to open them.

There was a moment of silence then I feel hands on my shoulders, I open my eyes and look at Jeremy, he was smiling. He gently pulled me down so my head was on his lap. I feel myself blush.

"What are you-" I begin, but he shushes me.

"Go to sleep, don't let me keep you up." He says.

"You sure?" I ask.

"Where am I going to go? I would wake you up wouldn't I?" He smirks.

"You know what, that's a good point." I chuckle, my eyes once again growing heavy.

I was very comfortable. And ended up falling asleep pretty fast.