Chapter 6:Fluff

Michaels POV

When I woke up Jeremy's head was resting in his hand which was on the couch arm.. and he was asleep.. I carefully slide off his lap.

It was now 7:30pm. I think for a minute... what is something you can do without sight?... like nothing. Ugh! why is this so hard... my phone buzzes in my hoodie... but Jeremy's my only friend who would text me?

'Hey, is this Michael?' The number said.

'Maybe, who is this?'

'It's Christine'

I quietly groan, I don't really like her.. she never did anything but Jeremy blindly followed her and it always made me uneasy...or maybe jealous.

'K, yeah...what's up?'

'Do you know if Jeremy is ok? He hasn't been at school..'

Wow glad she noticed I might be dead too.

'Yeah, I know'

'Lol right of course you do you sit at a lunch table with him'

I was getting mad now at her obliviousness.. or is it jealously.. I don't know..

'No it's because I have been taking care of him, if you don't care enough to get all the information then don't bother at all'

I block the number and put my phone back in my pocket.

Now back to Jeremy...hm... what would he like to do? Man there's nothing to do without sight... ugh! Why did it have to be sight!?

"Michael come here!" Jeremy says out of no where, I couldn't tell if it was panic or excitement.

I speed walk over. He sighs.

"W-huh." He stutters, blinking.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I could see for a minute...now it's just wavy like... back and fourth." He says disappointed.

"Hey! Your healing!" I smile.

He looks up at me and smiles. He laughs.

"You were right!" He says.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Your hair." He laughs.

My face heats. I bet it looks like a birds nest.

"But you still look great." he smiles, ruffling my hair.

I smile and try to fix it with my hands.

"Do you think your eyes are good enough for video games?" I ask.

"Let's do it!" He says, jumping up.

The rest of the day.... and a bit of the next morning... we played video games. Jeremy had some issues where his sight would fail but I had his back! But eventually we got tired.

"You know, I think your better when I'm half blind." Jeremy smiles.

"I was defending you." I chuckle.

"See what happens when you don't run strait into the hoard." He laughs.

"Nope!" I say with a wide smile.

Jeremy chuckles and stands up.

I look at the clock, it was 5am... again.

"Good night." I laugh, crawling over to my sleeping bag.

Jeremy didn't turn the light off though.

"Uh hey...Michael.. do you want to sleep up here with me?" He asks, blushing.