Broken Bones and Broken Families

I hear screaming when I phase back.

"It's been going on for a while," Jared says.

"Doc's re-breaking his bones," Embry says. He sounds like he's about to cry. I run over and give him a hug.

"Why did he have to butt in? I could've taken that tick," Leah says.

"Give it a rest, Leah," Paul says.

All of the sudden Carlisle and Sam walk out of the house.

"The worst is over. He'll be alright," Carlisle says, "I gave him some morphine, but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to set up a drip."

"Thank you," Billy says. Carlisle and Billy shake hands.

"He's asking for you," Carlisle says to Bella.

"You are explaining all of this when I get back," Bella says before she walks in the house.

I look up to see a tear slip out of Billy's eye.

"Oh, daddy!" I say. I give him a hug.

"Daddy?!" the whole pack asks at the same time. Billy and I both laugh.

"Yeah, Billy's my dad, and Jake's my half brother, and Rebecca and Rachel are my half sisters," I say.

"But how?" Quil asks.

"My mom and Billy, obviously! That's why I always visited La Push, I never knew the real reason, until a few days ago," I say.

"So that's how you're a wolf!" Seth says.

"Umm.... Yeah?" I say.

"Well welcome to the pack," Sam says before giving me a hug.