Pregnant

When I phase back, and put my clothes on, Jake is just pulling up on his bike. We both jog to the front door.

Carlisle opens the door, and says, "Hello Shelby, Jake, how are you?"

"Bella called me, Jake followed. Curiosity killed the wolf I guess," I say. I shove past him, and make my way up the stairs, taking three at a time.

"Shelby? Is that you?" I hear Bella ask. I walk into the room with everyone in it. Rosalie is standing in front of Bella, who is sitting on the couch.

"Close enough," Rose says when I take a step forward.

"What's your problem?" Jake asks, only a step behind me.

"Rose, it's okay," Bella says from behind her. Rose steps away, to reveal a sick looking Bella.

"You look terrible," Jake says as he sits down across from her.

"More like, hell bit her in the ass," I say as I sit down next to him.

"It's nice to see you too," Bella says with sarcasm. I smile.

"So are you gunna tell me what's wrong with you?" Jake asks.

"Rose, you wanna help me up?" Bella asks, throwing the blanket that was on her lap down the couch, revealing a very pregnant stomach with bruises littering it. Jake and I both stand up.

"You did this," Jake growls at Edward. Emmett grabs his right shoulder, and I grab his left arm.

"We didn't even know it even possible," Carlisle says. Jake rips Emmett's hand off, and rips his arm from mine.

"What is it?" Jake asks, venom dripping from every word.

"I'm not sure, ultrasounds and needles won't penetrate the embryonic sac," Carlisle says.

"I can't see it either," Alice says, "And I can't see Bella's future anymore."

"We've been researching legends, but there isn't much to go on. We do know that it's strong. And fast-growing," Carlisle says.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of her!" I say.

"This is none of your business, dog!" Rose says.

"Rose!" Esme scolds, "All this fighting isn't good for Bella."

"The fetus isn't good for Bella," Alice says.

"Say the word Alice. 'Baby.' It's just a little baby," Rose says.

"Possibly," Jasper says.

"Carlisle, you've gotta do something," Jake says.

"No! It's not his decision. It's not any of yours," Bella says.

"Jacob, Shelby, I need to talk to you," Edward says. Jake and I look at each other, and we follow Edward out of the room, and outside.

"I always knew you'd destroy her," Jake says.

"Jacob, stop," I say, before it goes too far.

"She thinks Carlisle can turn her at the last minute. Like he did for me and Esme," Edward says.

"Can he?" I ask.

"Probability is slight," Edward says, "And if her heart fails... Look, I need you two to do something for me."

Jake scoffs.

"For her," Edward continues, "Both of you have a connection with her that I'll never understand. Maybe you could talk to her, change her mind. You can keep her alive."