Chapter One.

Bruce sat cross-legged on his king sized bed, a tray of breakfast in front of him. He ate as he watched the news. 'Joker still hasn't escaped Arkham... I wonder what's up.' He thought as he took a sip of his coffee. He wouldn't admit it but he kind of missed the clown. His laughter would still echo in his mind from time to time. With a slight smile he decided he'd visit the Joker. It makes sense. Once at the beginning of month when he put him in Arkham, again at the end of the month. But he still had an entire day to go through before he could see Joker.

Alfred cleared his throat, appearing out of thin air. "Are you done with breakfast sir?" Bruce nodded and handed him the tray with the empty cup and plate on it. "Anything on your mind sir? You look distracted." "Just planning my night, Alfred. I'm going to Arkham to visit Joker." "Do be careful sir. Who knows what he has up his sleeve." "I will Alfred. Now leave so I can get dressed." Bruce chuckled as Alfred left. 'Another boring day of meetings.' He thought as he rummaged through his closet. All he had on were black boxers. He glanced at a green tie covered in bright orange skulls, discarded on the bottom of his closet. He had torn it off Joker in a fight. He found it on the roof and took it. He doesn't know why but he did. 'It smells like him... It's a part of him...' He shook the thoughts out of his head and grabbed some clothes. 'Maybe another time.'

As it became dark Bruce was down in the Batcave preparing to leave. He was still in his suit, deciding to come down right from work. "I know that I already said this but be careful sir." "I will Al. It'll be quick, I'm going to sneak in and sneak out." Bruce jumped into the batmobile, ready to drive to Arkham.