Chapter Ten.

Joker flinched as Bruce started the water. He flinched again when Bruce grabbing his hand. "Tell me if the water is too hot or cold." He gently poured water onto Joker's hand. Joker screamed, kicked Bruce's arm and fell off the toilet. "Joker!? Are you okay?" Bruce went to help him up but Joker curled up in a ball. "J... Are you okay?" Bruce tried to help him sit up, gasping in pain. He looked at Joker, his eyes widening. Joker was biting his hand, blood running from his new wound. Joker wouldn't let go, his eyes showing pure rage. "Joker... Joker let me go!" Nails dug into his arm. "Alfred!"

"Alfred!" He groaned as Joker bit harder, scratching down his arm. Alfred quickly entered the bathroom. "Sir!" "Alfred, get a sedative!" Alfred did as told, rummaging through the cupboards. He handed Bruce the needle, watching Bruce. "I'm sorry Joker..." Bruce mumbled, pressing his forehead against Joker's before injecting him. He frowned as he watched Joker go limp.

"Sir..." Alfred called worriedly from the doorway. Bruce didn't even glance at him, too busy holding Joker's hand. "Bruce... You should eat something." Bruce shook his head. "No... No this is my fault. He didn't want to, I shouldn't have forced him." "It's nobody's fault sir... And don't worry, he'll wake up." "It's been hours. I'm not leaving his side until he's awake." "As you wish sir." Alfred sighed and left.

Bruce was fast asleep, hand laced with Joker's. He could feel movement, Joker's hand sliding out of his. He bolt upright, looking at Joker. He felt his heart sink when he saw Joker was sobbing, curled up in a ball. "Joker?" Joker whimpered. "Joker. Are you okay?" Bruce climbed into the bed, moving hair from Joker's face. "G-g-get away fro-from me..." "Joker... It's okay." "N-No! I hu-hurt you!" Bruce sighed and hugged him. "It's okay. You didn't mean to." Joker began to sob more, staring at the wraps on Bruce's hand and arm.