Chapter Nine.

Beautiful, green, glowing eyes opened. "Good afternoon sleepyhead." A familiar voice chuckled. Joker whimpered, quickly hiding his face under the blankets. "Joker?" Bruce frowned, lifting the blankets so he could see Joker. His frowned deepened when he saw Joker shaking in fear. "What's wrong? Was it a nightmare?" Joker nodded. Bruce sighed and laid in bed with him, arms wrapped around him in a tight embrace. "Don't worry, it's not real. Do you want to talk about it?" "N-No..." "It might help." Joker shook his head. "Okay, I won't push you."

Both of them had fallen asleep. Joker was curled up in Bruce's arms. It's been a few hours since they passed out like this. Bruce's eyes slowly fluttered open, a smile spreading on his face. He'd opened his eyes and saw Joker sleeping calmly, this was a first. Slowly he ran his fingers through Joker's hair, frowning at how dirty it was. Now that he thought about it... The only bath Joker had was when he was brought here and he's been in the same clothes for three weeks. Joker's eyes snapped open, his hand grabbing Bruce's wrist. "Hey... It's okay, it's just me." Joker loosened his grip, curling up into Bruce's chest. Bruce sighed.

"You need a bath..." Probably not the best time to tell him. Joker shook his head. "Come on... You haven't bathed for three weeks." Joker shook his head again. "What will make you have a bath? Do you want a shower instead?" Joker stared at him for a bit. "Do... Do you want me to be with you?" Joker slowly nodded and looked away, blush on his cheeks. Bruce chuckled and kissed Joker's cheek. "You don't have to be embarrassed. I understand if you need help." "I-I don't need h-help... I ju-just... Don't wa-want to b-be alone..." "I understand." Bruce smiled, kissing Joker's nose.