Chapter Seven.

Bruce frowned when he heard a thud. Once he walked out of the closet, his suspicion was confirmed. Joker was laying on the floor, whining in pain. Bruce sighed as he watched Joker try to stand. "Joker... You'll hurt yourself even mo-" He was cut off when Joker screamed in pain. He was trying to pull himself up the wall but his leg gave out, leaving him on the floor sobbing. "Joker..." Bruce frowned, attempting to help Joker up. "Let's go downstairs and eat..." Joker looked up at him surprised. He's never been downstairs before. Bruce chuckled and picked him up. "Grab your crutch or you're staying up here." Joker stuck his tongue out but grabbed his crutch nonetheless.

He felt like a child in Bruce's arms but didn't fight. Instead he looked around, staring at the door. "Morning Alfred." "Good morning master Bruce, Mr. Joker." "M-Morn-ning..." Bruce smiled and put Joker down in a chair. They ate in silence, Joker poking at it. "Aren't you hungry?" No response. "Joker?" "N-Not parti-icular-arly..." Bruce frowned at Joker's difficulty speaking. He watched as Joker continued to poke at his food. He looked... Distracted.

Joker crawled into a corner, shaking in fear. "Come here and you won't get too hurt." A guard growled as he approached, rope in hand. He didn't move from the corner, making the guard frown. Joker whimpered, feeling the noose wrap around his neck. "I said come here!" He gasped, the rope tightening as he was being dragged. He struggled and clawed at the rope but it didn't loosen. Tears filled his eyes as he was lifted, unable to breathe or scream. "Where's your Batsy now!" Someone screamed before they all began beating him.

"Joker... Are you okay?" Bruce asked concerned. It wasn't the first time he's asked. "Y-Yeah... I-I'm fine..."