Chapter Five.

It's been a week since Joker was brought to the manor. He was healing but was still weak. Bruce brought Joker some of Alfred's homemade soup. "Hey Joker... Are you up?" Joker nodded from under the covers. Bruce chuckled and sat in the chair beside the bed. They've gotten close over the week, Bruce brought him food, helping him to eat and walk. It was a struggle to get him to eat but eventually Joker did. Joker's mood was different too. He was more depressed and would often wake up to nightmares.

Joker slowly ate the soup, his hair a mess and his bandages loose. Bruce reached out to touch Joker's face. Joker leaned onto his touch with a sigh. 'I love you Joker.' He wanted to say it but he couldn't. He gently ran his thumb over his cheek. "B-Bruce... Wh-Wh-Why are you he-he-helping me..." It was the first thing he's said since being here, his voice raspy and shaky. "Because I care about you Joker..." "Wh-Wh-Why?" Joker teared up. Bruce pulled him into a hug. "It's okay Joker..." "Wh-Why are y-y-you so k-kind t-to m-me!?" Bruce kissed his forehead, sighing as he gently rocked the clown. Joker's sobbing slowed and he buried his face into Bruce's chest. "B-Batsy... D-Dar-Darling, Bru-Brucie..." Bruce shushed him and continued to rock him. "I... You... D-Do you l-love m-me?" Bruce hesitantly nodded. "I have for a while... I ran from those feelings but now... Now I'm going to embrace them." Bruce's eyes widened when Joker kissed him. "I-I l-love you t-too..." He kissed down Bruce's neck, his fingers sliding under his shirt. "H-Hey... Don't you think we should go easy?" Joker stopped and rest his head on Bruce's chest. "I want you to love me... I don't want you to leave me..." "And I won't. You don't need to jump right into... It. I understand that you probably think that is the only way that I'm going to love you but no. They fucked up your mind... I'll only do it once you're fully healed and you want it. For now you should rest." Joker nodded. "I'm sorry. Y-You're right." Bruce smiled and went to walk out when Joker grabbed his hand. "Ca-C-Can I sle-sleep in you-your bed?"