Chapter 9

I walk into the throne room and see caius standing over the female vampire. Cracks littered her skin and and looked to be in pain. Good. After what she did to daddy she deserved it. " Caius." I say walking over to him. Caius turns and pulls me into his arms. "Why are you not with your father piccolo?" Uncle Marcus asks. "There been a big change. He drank blood. Two cups of it. His eyes were black and his throat burned." I say. Uncle Marcus's eyes widen. "That's not possible." He says. "It's true uncle marcus." I say. Uncle Marcus turns to the vampire. "Explained this. Now!" He orders. The vampire merely laughs. Caius lets go of me before grabbing the vampires hair. "Now!" He shouts. "The thirst. It will consume him until he dies. He will kill her. He will not be able to control his thirst. And he will kill her. He took my father. So I will take her life!" She laughs. Rage fills Caius' eyes as he slams her head into the marble flooring. Cracking her head. "Caius." I say gently. Caius turns to me. "We need her alive." I sigh. Caius growls before snapping his fingers. Felix and Santiago come and take the vampire away grabbing her by her shirt and pants. Making sure not to touch her skin. Caius pulls me quickly into his arms and holds me close. "Daddy would never hurt me. You know that Caius." I say. Caius says nothing. I turn and look at uncle Marcus. "Uncle Marcus. You know that. Right!" I say panicked. "She wasn't lying piccolo." Uncle Marcus sighs. "No. Daddy would never hurt me." I cry tears coming to my eyes. Caius gently rubs my back and I look over at him. "Caius. Please." I say relizing what he was thinking. "I won't take the risk cara Mia. Not when that risk is you." Caius says. The tears finally stream down my face. "I can't leave him Caius. I promised him I would turn him." I cry. Uncle Marcus comes over and gently rubs my back. "We can't risk it piccolo." Uncle Marcus says gently. "No! I won't leave him!" I shout finally struggling to get out of Caius arms. Caius gently holds me back and hugs me gently. "Caius please. He needs me!" I sob. "I know cara Mia. I'm sorry." Caius says with pain in his eyes. "Please Caius!" I sob. Caius sighs and pushes my face into his shoulder as I finally give up and cry. "Please Caius. Let me tell him." I whisper feeling broken. Caius sighs and looks over at uncle Marcus who nods. " we will come with you piccolo. For your safety." He says. I nod. Caius scoops me up into his arms and rushes me to daddy's room. Caius opens the door and goes first before letting me follow. I go over to daddy's side and gently take his warm hand. Daddy smiles and weakly turns to me. I wince seeing how much he had aged in the short time I had been gone. "I'm here daddy." I say after daddy winces in pain. "Did you get... your answers?" Daddy asks coughing. I sigh looking over at uncle Marcus and Caius. "I did daddy. But it's not good news." I sigh with tears. "What's wrong neonata?" Daddy asks gently squeezing my hand. "The thirst aro. It will consume you." Uncle Marcus begins. "Until..." Daddy asks. Uncle Marcus sighs. "Until you kill Bella." He says. Daddy's eyes widen. "No..." Daddy whispers. A few tears slip from daddy's red blue eyes. I gently help daddy sit up before burying my face in his chest. Daddy holds me close. "Daddy I don't want to leave you. I know you would never hurt me!" I cry. Daddy shushes me gently. "I know bambino..." daddy whispers resting his chin on my head. "But if what she said was true I won't risk it." Daddy sighs. "No daddy. Please!" I scream. Daddy sighs. "I'm sorry bambino." Daddy says nodding at Caius. Caius comes over and gently pulls me away from daddy. "No! Caius let me go! Please!" I scream struggling. Caius shushes me and gently pulls me from the room while uncle Marcus closes the door and locks us out. "No! Daddy! Please!" I scream tears cascading down my face. "Shhh cara Mia. I'm sorry." Caius says hugging me and gently making me stop struggling. "It's only for a week cara Mia. He'll be alright." Caius says. I cry into his chest. " He needs me Caius. He needs me." I cry. "He needs you safe cara Mia. Your father would never forgive himself if he hurt you. We are all doing this to protect you." Caius says slowly calming me down. "I don't know if I will make it. A week without him Caius. When I know he needs me!" I whimper. Caius shushes me gently. "I will be with you every second. I promise." Caius sooths. Slowly I nod and let Caius scoop me up and take me away from daddy's room.