12.

"Emma I can't do this anymore"

"Do what..?"

"You can't be my doctor anymore okay?"

"Ethan.. what are you talking about?"

"That! You question everything I do, and you tell me what to do like you're the boss of me or something"

"Ethan.. I'm your doctor. Ugh did those stupid pills already wear off"

"Forget about the pills, okay?? This is the real part of me speaking, I don't want you anymore!"

"Are you kidding me ethan?! I've helped you so much" I raised my voice.

"Well guess what? IT WASNT ENOUGH"

"I HAVE DONE SO MUCH FOR YOU"

"LIKE WHAT?! ASK ME HOW I GOT INTO THIS STUPID PLACE AND THEN GO TALK TO MY BROTHER ABOUT IT??"

"Wait.. How did you know I talked to Grayson" I asked, as my breathing slowed down.
His deep eyes darted towards me and his jaw was clenched. He walked up and pushed me against the wall by my wrists.

"E-Ethan.. calm down" my breath hitched in my throat.

"I'm perfectly calm" his eyebrows raised.

"This is kinda crazy, yeah? Let. Go. Of. Me." I said getting angry.

"Crazy? You haven't even seen the worst part, baby."

"Ethan you're insane"

"Insane is just a word. Wanna know what you are?"

"Stop"

"Annoying. Clingy. Self centered. Oh, let's not forget bossy. Ah, and bratty. Should I keep going?" He said, staring at me intensely.

"ETHAN STOP" I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but his strength was no match for mine.

"STOP WHAT EMMA?"

"WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS"

"EMMA"

"LET ME GO"

"EMMA"

I shoot up from my bed, gasping for air.

"Emma, you worried us so bad"
I look over and see Grayson and Julia beside my bed.

"W-what are you talking about"

"You started texting me weird things, look" Julia pulled out her phone.

My eyes widened as I read the conversation.
"Oh gosh I'm sorry I must've texted you in my... sleep" my eyebrows furrowed together while I said that, confused.

"Emma, why was it about Ethan" Grayson questioned.

"I was having a dream about him.. it was pretty rough"

"Yeah. That's why his previous doctors have left. Because they had a creepy dream about him and bailed. But don't worry, it happens to anyone who works in an asylum."

"Does it ever stop?"

"Usually the bigger friendship you build, the worse they get. You shouldn't really have a friendship with someone insane anyway, it's not safe"

"Yeah.." I mentally sigh.

"We're just glad you're okay" Julia said. I stood up and hugged them both.

"Well guys I better get ready for work. We should get together sometime real soon though"

"Of course" they said as we walked down the wall to the door.

"Thanks for coming all the way over here just to check on me though, it means a lot"

"It was no problem. See ya later Emma" Grayson said as they walked out. I waved and closed the door.