•Happier•

*Shawn POV*
Walking down 29th and Park

I saw you in another's arms

I sat on the bleachers staring into space. I don't even know why I came, I have no date. I ruined that. I hate prom. Prom was supposed to be nice, amazing, I'm supposed to be with Y/N. why did I have to ruin everything.

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier

Y/N should be dancing with me, not some other guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy if she's happy, but I wish that was me that was making her that happy.

Saw you walk into a bar

He said something that made you laugh

She looks beautiful tonight. I miss her. So much. I thought I could handle this. But being without her makes me the saddest person ever. I was so much happier with her. But I know she's way happier now.

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do

I can't believe I broke her trust. She smiles so much wider now, without me. As I'm sitting here watching them slow dance, a tear slips from my eye and she smiles and laughs at his jokes.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you I like I do

I still love her. But I hurt her. She can't go through that again. I hope he treats her right because she can't go through another break up. I wish I was him.

Promise that I won't take it personal, baby

If you're moving on with someone else

I know I should be hurt that she found someone so fast. And is probably on the verge of completely forgetting me. I miss her how her chocolate skin felt against me. I miss hearing her laugh, and snore light into my chest.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do

Friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until them I'll smile and hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

I recite the lyrics of ed Sheeran's "Happier", and realized that I'm going through the exact same thing. And it's sad, that I ruined a perfect relationship, I thought as I walked out of the school whipping my tears. I got to my car and drove home.
-------------------------------------------------------
I don't even know anymore guys. I haven't been in school all week do to sickness, soooo. 🤷🏽‍♀️
Word count: 415