pearl

pearl (cool, holographic white) - associated with renewal.
______________________________________

I got up and dragged myself to the bathroom. My bruises faded, my arms bandaged.
Today. I'd see them again today. It made my hollow chest feel warm. Filled with some sort of hope.

I showered and played pong with Emerson on imessage most of the day.

"Damn you're good at this." - Emerson 4:16 PM

"Maybe you just suck :)" - Me

"Cocky now, are we?"

"I'm Emerson deprived."

"Ah I see, horrible thing to have, I'll fix it soon."

"You're lame, how are your dumb brothers?"

"Good I think.
"Our flight leaves in like 15 minutes."

"I miss you guys a lot."

"Oh my god, we miss you too, Remington's been loosing it for the past few days."

"What??"

"God, this is the worst he's ever been... He loves you a lot Diana."

"Well, I love him."

"And me."

"Yeah, you too."
"And Bassy."

"Okay but me."

"Make sure you tell your 'dumb brothers' that their flight is boarding."

"Oh yeah! okay. I'll see you tomorrow probably."

"xx"

"<3"

Emerson and Sebastian were both going back to Sebastian's house, so they would get a taxi and Remington was coming home with me.
I got off work about 3-4 hours before I had to pick him up from the airport, I was in my apartment listening to music.
"You" by The 1975 came on.

"And you're a liar,
at least all of your friends are.
And so am I,
Just typically drown in my car.
And it's my party,
And I'll cry 'till the end.
And you must try harder than kissing all of my friends, you,
yeah it takes a bit more."

I sang loudly as I organized my apartment, cleaning and washing up. I slid on the wood floor in my socks, dancing and spinning.

"Yeah it takes a bit more in you."
"Takes a bit more."

As the night grew and the dark sky fell, I began drawing in my sketchbook, writing words and feelings I associated with colours.
If I were to do this a month or so ago, the words and feelings I described would've been a lot darker, muddier.
Of course there were a few dark colours on my page at the moment, but there was a significant growth in lighter colours. Not as light as I hoped they would be, but it was progress.
I sat cross legged with a green tea, letting my fingers move the pencil on dull paper.