Chapter 16

I just had my first meaningful kiss.

Not just any kiss.

The one where you feel tingly and special and you know for a fact someone is worth living for.

Rocky isn't the one. Frank is.

But days of rehearsal passed and I told columbia about the weird feeling I got.

She told me it wasn't normal to feel that way.

"Maybe I'll call a doctor. I'll distract Frank while you see the doctor." She explained.

"I guess so." I told her.

Columbia asked for Frank to show her the moves because she was "confused" about their order.

The doctor came in and introduced himself in my room.

"What an odd place you got here, if you don't mind me saying." He told me.

"Yeah, I'm really just staying here."

"Oh. Well let's take a look at ya!"

He scanned me over and used some other random equipment I didn't recognize.

"Oh, my....." He said to himself.

"What?" I asked.

"You should call in someone you love. This isn't good news."

My heart was burning. The last bad news I really got was my dad dying.

I called in Rocky, since Columbia was at rehearsal.

"Ready? I hope you take this well... You're pretty young so I don't know how this will go down."

"I think we are ready, Doc." Rocky said.

"That pain you felt was the baby dying inside you. You've been too active and obviously not getting enough nutrition in your body to support the baby. Sorry about your loss, sweetie." The doctor explained.

It took me a moment to process what was happening. I looked over to Rocky, my lips quivering.

He quickly held my head against his chest and cried.

I just stared at the floor and moaned.

Rocky thanked the doctor and told him the directions to exit the castle.

He held me and told me it was going to be ok.

The reality is that it wasn't.