One

"Starting a relationship is not supposed to be easy."-Blind®️ Founders, Roven & Dexter Ilit

In Freya's hand was her brand new, sleek and shiny rose gold iPhone.

Blind was open; the app was continuously requesting her to make an account.

Freya stood indecisive, debating about the positives and negatives about online dating while her phone remained open, the battery wasting away as each minute of uncertainly passed.

From all the online reviews Freya found, she noticed not a single negative comment about the app. In fact all 10,000 comments listed below one website held nothing but praises for the magnificent app. Freya didn't trust any of them.

What if they were paid advertisers?

"Come on, just sign up already!" Bryn thundered from the couch, while contently texting with her first match. They were already arranging their first date at a local Starbucks.

Freya hook her head at her.

Changing to a sweeter tone-the one one would use for a child-Bryn said "You can do this Freya," 

When Freya didn't respond Bryn added, "It's been less than five minutes and I am already going on a date tomorrow."

"Seriously, online dating is a piece of cake." She finished going back the typing.

That last line sparked a little hope in Freya, but she was still uncertain.

"I just don't think I am ready for a relationship at the moment." Freya lied. "I already have a lot on my plate."

It wasn't a complete lie as she did work as a secretary at Heyes Enterprises. In fact, Freya was Lance Heyes' personal secretary. As in Lance Heyes the founder and CEO of the company; that alone meant there was a lot of tasks she had to do during the week.

Explaining to Bryn she listed. "Scheduling meetings, organizing files, taking notes, sending emails, phone calls, traveling arrangements." Out of breath, Freya placed her phone down on the coffee table to go make herself a cup of tea in hopes of quenching her thirst and nerves.

Freya smiled a little while she placed the tea bag into her cup, "Thirst and nerves," she thought "exactly what mom always said."

***

With Freya's back turned, Bryn reached for her phone and entered Freya's password;1234.  With her phone unlocked Bryn surfed Freya's phone until she found Blind. When she did, Bryn finished the job for her, even filling out all the personal questions correctly although in Bryn's head they were educated guesses.

Coming back to the 'living room'- a single, 2nd hand, two-seater couch facing a shabby pre-owned 32-inch flat screen- Freya seated herself next to a smug Bryn.

Wary, Freya grabbed her phone and reopened Blind, taking small sips of apple cinnamon tea while the app loaded.

When the revolving circle of red stopped, instead of a pesky notice for her to join the platform it immediately loaded to the main page.

"What?" Freya said confused as to why this happened.

Staring up from her own phone, Bryn said without a change to her sleepy tone, "Made one for yo-"