Four

"Love is not found, it is simply created."-Blind®️ Founders, Roven & Dexter Ilit

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

Have you decided on your ensemble for the night yet?

What if I haven't?

***

Tomorrow was going to be Freya's first date with Oscar, the date he had been pestering her to go on with him these past few days. The one she stupidly agreed on.

Flipping through her clothes rack which mainly consisted of hand knitted sweaters purchased from independent brands and thrift shops, nothing in Freya's closet screamed fancy, rich or date me.

The closest articles of clothing that were expensive were her dark array of pencil skirts, blazers, and freshly dry cleaned long-sleeved dress shirts.

Dresses were never something Freya brought, there was simply no point. Whenever Heyes's threw on one of his dinner parties or any social event, Freya relied on Bryn and borrowed from her.

But this time she didn't want to borrow from her, a voice deep inside told her not to.

Was wearing an oversized sweater to a date in one of London's finest restaurant isn't a crime, is it?

They're only clothes. Freya assured herself but she was nervous.

This was going to be her first date in ages and Freya feared she would forget what to do.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

What if I buy one for you?

Anything you want I'll pay for it.

***

Freya was stunned at his words. 

Did he really mean it? 

Yet if he did, Freya knew she couldn't accept such an offer, that would mean in a sense she owed him and Freya knew enough about debt to know not to take the bait.

So she ruined his kindness with her dreadful humour.

Again.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

So keen on giving away your life savings to aren't you Bill Gates?

***

Freya typed, she just hoped it wasn't an insult to both him and Bill Gates.

***

Oscar Williams

Confirmed Match

Well, it's going to a good cause.

The cause being?