Chapter 12

Season 1, Episode 3- Pack Mentality

Later At Beacon Hills High School...

Unfortunately, the case of being able to relax for the rest of the afternoon was sadly taken away from me. Stiles messaged me earlier on to inform that Scott had visited the sour werewolf I have come to hate. Derek explained that Scott had to return to the scene of the crime, to return his memories of what happened the night the bus driver was attacked. Stiles came to a halt, the fence blocking us from getting into the school grounds. I clambered out of Stiles' baby blue Jeep, silently following after the boys. "Hey, no, just me and Paige. Someone needs to keep watch." Scott stated. "How come I'm always the guy keeping watch?" Stiles questioned, gripping onto the silver fence, about to climb up but thankfully, Scott stopped him from going any further. "Because there's only three of us." Scott pointed out. "Okay, why's it starting to feel like you guys are Batman and I'm Robin? I don't want to be Robin all the time." Stiles complained. "Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time." I argued. "Not even some of the time?" Stiles questioned, a glint of hope in the corner of his honeycomb brown eyes. "Just stay here." I said, in a firm and stern tone of voice. "Oh, my god. Fine." Stiles spat out, as he span on his heel to go wait in his baby blue Jeep, whereas Scott and I began to climb the silver fence till we reached the very top, where I casually dropped myself down onto the school grounds without spraining or breaking my ankles at all.

Scott and I slowly, and silently began to walk over to the wrecked, and blood drenched bus. Scott came to a halt, heavy pants slipping past his lips. "You okay?" I questioned, as I stepped in front of him to see if he was alright. Scott casually closed his eyes, like he was trying to see flashbacks of the night of the attack. Scott snapped his eyes back open in a hurry. "Scott, what happened? What did you see?" I questioned, but he didn't respond and casually began to make his way further to the wrecked, and blood drenched bus. I sighed softly and silently followed behind him, till we reached the bus. I ducked underneath the police line tape, it cutting off from anyone getting into the crime scene, as Scott pressed the palm of his hand agaisnt the glass window on the door of the bus, pants beginning to slip past his lips as a flashback rushed through his brain.

Scott slides the door open and steps inside, as do I. I closed the door slightly behind me and began to gaze around the crime scene, the scent of dried blood wavering up in my nostrils. The scent of my dear friend, Scott, lingered in the air and I now had proof that he wasn't just dreaming about this, but he was also living it. The faint sound of a gasp slipped past Scott's lips, alarming me back to reality. "Scott, what's wrong? What did you see?" I questioned. "I... I can see... blood." Scott gasped out. Seconds later, Scott yelped, whilst covering his face with his arms, like he saw something being thrown at him. "Scott?" I questioned. "It's everywhere. There's blood everywhere." Scott cried out. Scott began to extend his hand towards the floor, like someone was there, like someone needed help to stand up. Scott cried out in terror and touched his chest, as I watched completely worried, and alarmed about what was happening.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a light emitting through the bus, and seconds later, the sound of a horn blared off. Scott and I quickly rushed out of the bus, and began to rush back to the fence. Scott, the show off he is, leapt onto a car, and somersaulted through the air over the fence. I, however, leapt onto the fence and somersaulted through the air too, before landing on my feet with a soft thud. I ran over to Stiles' Jeep and quickly clambered into the back-seat. "Go. Go. Go. Go." Scott demanded. Stiles drove backwards, before forcefully turning the Jeep around, the tires screeching, before beginning to drive off in a hurry. "Did it work? Did you remember?" Stiles questioned. "Yeah, I was there last night. And the blood... a lot of it was mine." Scott answered. I knew I smelt Scott's presence there the other night, but I didn't know the dried blood was his, as well as the bus drivers. "So, you did attack him?" Stiles questioned, immadiently jumping into conclusions, like he usually does. "No. I saw glowing eyes in the bus, but they weren't mine. It was Derek." Scott answered. "What about the driver?" Stiles questioned. "I think I was actually trying to protect him." Scott stated. "Wait, why would Derek help you remember that he attacked the driver?" I spoke up. "That's what I don't get." Scott shrugged. "It's got to be be a pack thing." Stiles blurted out.