Chapter six

Chapter Six

Four weeks earlier

Bonnie sat on the floor of a room lit with dim candles. Across the room sat the man whole filled her mind with self-belief, told her she could do it all, bring back all. Bonnie didn't want to believe or even use that kind of magic, until she really had no other choice. With her hands held out in front of her, palms facing the ground, and her eyes closed tight, Bonnie began to chant the words that would change everything forever.

Earlier that day she had found her way to Damon on the island; right after she had spoken to Shane. Shane had told her that Jeremy had died while trying to get the cure. And in the moment Bonnie became what she feared becoming the most. She let her magic become out of control. Shane tried to comfort her, but with a flip of the wrist Bonnie pushed him out of her way. Shane yelled to her not to let her magic become out of control.

"You can bring Jeremy back!" He yelled.

Bonnie stopped in her tracks, breathing hard. She pushed her hair out of her face.

"You can bring them all back, Jeremy, Alaric, Jenna, even Grams."

Just hearing the name Grams made Bonnie stop and really think.

"Silas can bring them back, but he needs your help," He explained.

"Using the power of three massacres and expression will bring them all back to life."

"But there have only been two." Bonnie added

"I'll help you, Bonnie."

"No."

"If you ever want to see Jeremy or Grams again, you'll do it!" His tone was a little harsher.

Bonnie began to run from Shane, but tripped and fell to the cold ground. She tripped over someone familiar. Jeremy.

"Oh my God! Jeremy! No!" She cried out.

Closing her eyes she tried to bring him back with her expression. Moments later Jeremy was gone and Bonnie turned with tears in her eyes.

"I'll do it! I'll do whatever it takes!" she yelled.

Damon was just about to give up when Bonnie walked out of the bushes and met face to face. He questioned her as to where she had been and she told him that Shane had led the way and told her everything she needed to do to bring Jeremy back. Damon could only wonder what all was going on, but his biggest concern was getting Bonnie back to Elena, and getting back to her himself. He knew he could not come home without Bonnie, he cared too much.

On the flight home Bonnie explained about the massacres that needed to happen in order to help Silas bring back the dead. Damon at first was into every word she said up until she talked about how this would bring down the wall of the 'purgatory' setting free not only the good supernatural, but the bad too. He sensed that Bonnie was not acting her usual self; felt there was a much stronger spark taking over her. He could sense that she was going crazy just by the way she was talking. She would speed up her words like a teenage girl would if she were a fan girl at a meet and greet.

When the two arrived at the Gilbert house, Caroline was the first to come running. Elena, Matt and Stefan sat at the kitchen table.

"Caroline, could you go get my brother? I need to talk to him." Damon said suspiciously.

Caroline and Bonnie went inside, Stefan returned alone. Damon explained Bonnie's state and every little detail to her plans. Inside Caroline and Bonnie joined at the kitchen table. Bonnie explained the same story over again almost in a brainwashed state of mind.