Chapter seven

Chapter seven

Present day

In the night I made my way back to where I belonged, back to Mystic Falls, back to Damon. When I arrived back to the Salvatore house, my house, Damon was not there. I heard talking from the upstairs hallway. It was the voices of Bonnie and Stefan. I could hear Bonnie's panic in her voice. I bolted up the stairs and faced them both.

"Bonnie what's going on?" I asked.

"Elena, there's a lot I have to tell you." She said with worry.

I was surprised that neither one was the least bit concerned about how I got back. Stefan stood next to her and I could see the concern on his face, but he did not say a word. I turned to Bonnie and she told me what she had done.

"Jeremy's alive?" I turned on my heels and prepared to run.

"Elena wait!" Stefan shrieked.

I turned around for a second and saw a look in his eyes. I wondered why he cared. After all of this, after not even leaving Mystic Fall to even help find me...

"I can help you find him. I know where they are, Damon and Caroline too," I was surprised, but wasn't about to test him.

"Take me there, Stefan" I said trying to keep my calm.

Stefan and I got onto his motorcycle and jolted off into the night.

Bonnie rushed out the door and pulled her phone out from her pocket. She dialed Damon with trembling hands.

Damon stood in the main part of the inn with Caroline and Katherine. His phone began to ring. With all hopes of it being Elena, he picked up.

"Bonnie?"

"Damon, look. Elena was just here-"

Damon cut her off.

"Just where?!"

"Damon, you have to listen to me,"

"Elena was just here, Damon listen I did something terrible."

Bonnie told him first that Stefan was on his way to him with Elena and then she carefully told him what she had done.

"Dammit!" He said and hung up the phone.

Caroline heard everything that Bonnie said.

"Oh my God." Caroline covered her mouth.

"Katherine, why did you need Elena?" He demanded.

"Why should I tell you?"

"I will kill you!" he started at her.

"Not if we kill you first!" Katherine roared.

The double doors of the inn flew open and Jeremy walked in. The force of his presence was terrifying. How did he get so powerful? He held his hands up and the doors slammed shut. Katherine backed away from Damon and Caroline and joined Jeremy by his side.

"You two are fools for coming here!" He laughed. His voice was several pitches lower.

"Soon Elena will be here and this will all be over!" He added.

"What will all be over?" Caroline took a step forward, but was thrown back into a wall.

"Elena is with Stefan, she got loose." Katherine whispered, but it didn't seem to faze him.

Jeremy took a step towards Damon.

"Miss me, Damon?" he laughed and circled around him.

Damon bit the inside of his jaw so that he didn't say anything to jeopardize his chances of keeping Elena alive. He almost lost his temper but thought of Elena and stopped in his tracks. Jeremy backed up a few feet from Damon.

"I need Elena's doppelganger blood for this cure. Now that she's vampire it will make the cure even more powerful." He explained.

"You don't need her blood, you just need the cure!" Damon snarled.

"Oh, Damon. I have the cure. And that cure is a pathetic cure," He laughed

"With her blood I can re-create this cure. I will be invincible. No one can ever kill me!"

Caroline hovered in the corner and Damon stood on his feet inches away from Katherine.

"Oh no, Elena," Damon thought. "No, it's okay. Stefan will keep her safe."

I held on tight to Stefan as we made our way to the inn. Stefan kept his focus on the road; not even my touch made him think twice. It was weird that he really did not care anymore, but in a way it's easier for me. Neither of us wore a helmet, but what was the point? I looked back at the dark road where we had just been, watched until I could not see anymore.

"Elena, hold on!" Stefan growled

I didn't realize I had let go of him. I gripped his sides again, but it was awkward. All I want is for this to all be over. I just want to be back at home with Damon; be back in his arms.

Damon looked Jeremy in the eyes, trying to read his expression. He tossed things around in his mind of what to say, but nothing he came up with was worth it. Caroline stood behind Damon watching Jeremy. Katherine slithered by to taunt Caroline.

"This is it, Elena and Stefan are here. You're in for a surprise, Barbie."

"Get the hell away from me." Caroline hissed and shoved Katherine away.

Katherine started back towards her, but all attention was drawn to the double doors as they flung open.

Stefan and I crossed the same bridge Damon and Caroline had crossed. I pointed in the direction of the inn. When we arrived I hopped off of the back and Stefan kicked the kick stand. We walked towards the inn; I was in front and he trailed behind. I should have known then something was wrong. He wasn't as anxious about getting to Damon. He didn't really even make the effort to walk fast or even act interested. It didn't take long to confirm my own thoughts. Stefan grabbed my arms behind me and here in this moment I knew that things were absolutely wrong.