one

after three years, she never thought she would be there again.

standing on the streets of new york city.

the streets she had grown to know as her home, now laid there, dark and cold.

she didn't feel comfortable there anymore.

the warm fuzzy homey feeling? gone.

why was she there? good question.

but a question for another day.

"lilian heartstring, i have a reservation," lili said to the inn worker as he dully nodded his head and handed her a room key.

"room 21, enjoy your stay," even though the old man's words were kind, his tone was dull and boring. lili could tell the man wasn't exactly glad she was there.

lilian couldn't care less about what the inn keeper thought. she grabbed her lonely bag and headed through the creeky in hallways to find her room.

room 21. 

lili quickly unlocked the door and walked inside.

cold, dull, boring... but she could live through it. she would find a way.

one month.

one month and she could go back home.

she could do this.

atleast she thought she could.

-

authors note: okay so i know the chapters are really short but they will get longer i promise. i also know that i posted two parts today so far (i'll post more too lol) but i really wanna get a kick start cause i'm horrible at keeping up with stories. but i feel really good about this one. i hope you are as excited as i am!