fourteen

lili never imagined seeing davey's face again.

she thought once she left him, he would never want to see her again.

and somehow that would've been less painful.

because now that he stood infront of her, just in reach, her heart overflowed with love. she loved david jacobs. and when he pulled her into that hug, she never wanted to let go.

when he finally had let go, it took everything in her to not say "keep holding me..."

and even though it was painful to admit, lily knew there was no way davey could ever love her again. not after she broke his heart.

would davey believe her if she told him the truth? that it broke lily's heart more than davey's?

lili didn't know.

but it didn't matter.

davey was here now, and with their past behind them, he was trying to help.

"here, careful, it's hot," davey said quietly as he handed lilian a cup of tea and sat in the chair across from her as lilian slowly sipped on the hot tea. 

once davey had pulled away from their hug, he had helped her to a chair and wrapped her in a blanket, insisting that he make her a cup of tea, almost like it would make all the pain disapear.

but it didn't.

"thank you," lili whispered after she swallowed. "how did you find out where i was staying?"

"my pal jack told me," davey replied. "when i saw your name in the paper, i knew i had to come."

"why?"

"why what?"

"why did you come? you didn't have to."

"i wanted to see how you were doing."

"well, you have your answer," lili responded. "what's stopping you from leaving?"

"i don't know," davey responded, and lily believed him.