thirty one

lili didn't want to go to newsies square with katherine.

lili didn't want to see davey.

half of her wanted to punch davey in the face for kissing her that day. i mean, how dare him! he knew what she was going through, yet he still somehow thoght it was a good idea to confuse her even more.

half of her was glad he did it. the kiss confirmed her feelings.

she was still in love with him.

not that he would ever know, though. he would never know because lili would never tell him. she didn't need a relationship right now. her focus had to be 100% on her mission. clear her father's name.

but she still found herself thinking about davey every second of every day.

so when katherine said she had to stop by newsies square to show lili something, davey was the first thing that came to lilian's mind.

what would she do when she saw him? would her mind just explode?

that was one of her many thoughts as she walked into newsies square, wiping her sweaty palms on her skirt. 

she scanned the group of boys, trying to find where to avoid, but she didn't spot davey anywhere.

whew, what a relief.

"lili!" 

lili recognized that voice. the voice she loved with all her heart.

"les!" 

lili got down on her knees as les ran into her warm embrace.

man, how she missed this kid.

"lili! this is perfect!" les exclaimed once lilian set him free.

"what do you mean?" 

"you can help us!" les exclaimed with even more enthusiasm.

"with what?"

"les i don't think it's a good idea to-" jack began before les cut him off.

"with davey," les said, taking lilian by surprise.

"what?" she asked.

"he's gone," les replied, worry filling his voice.

"where?" 

"he left," les replied. "he's not okay lili. i dont know what's wrong, but i don't know if he's coming back."

"lilian, you don't have to-" jack began to say.

"no," lili replied. "les is right, i can help. i think i know where he is."