Chapter 6

Kacey walked up the jetway into Louisville International Airport and into the terminal. It was a local joke that the only international flights that departed from there were UPS planes. Nearly all the locals still called it Standiford Field. Still, she loved her little airport that strived to be more. Heading out of the secured area pulling her bag behind her, she saw Laura standing in the small crowd of friends and families meeting loved ones. She was holding a fluorescent pink sign with 'BITCHFACE' written in black Sharpie. Kacey laughed and practically ran to hug her. Their embrace was fierce and attracted the attention of several young men in the crowd. They tended to have that effect when they were together.

They headed to the car that Laura had somehow managed to park just outside the door and leave unattended and un-towed. She was charmed like that. Once in the SUV and on the 20 minute ride home, Laura glanced at Kacey and demanded "Spill it."

"Oh my god, Laura. Harry Styles! I mean, he's just...Harry Styles. But he's sweet and so hot. I mean so, so hot. But funny and clever and smart. And his voice is just...so smooth...except when he laughs like a hyena. And he sang to me! Just me. And he was nervous to meet me. Me!" Kacey gushed.

"So, is he packing? From all those videos you made me watch he looks like it. And does he know how to use it? Spill it Day," Laura insisted.

Kacey flushed pink and Laura, seeing that, almost wrecked the car in her shock. "You're blushing! YOU! Little miss 'I'll teach you to bark like a dog.' Oh, he must be something to make you blush just thinking about it."

"What can I say? He's just amazing," Kacey admitted dreamily.

"So, when do I get to meet this paragon of fabulosity? Is he going to the premiere?" Laura asked, eyes narrowed a bit.

A tiny frown creased Kacey's forehead as she answered "I'm not sure. I want to visit him for one of his concerts. We'll figure it out. But you will meet him."

Laura turned up the wooded driveway and Kacey strained to look out the tinted window eager to see her house. She had bought the lot and worked closely with the architect to create the home of her dreams. It was a gorgeous conglomeration of wood and brick and stone with screened porches and balconies and huge windows. Her house was enormous with 5 bedrooms, 6 baths, large kitchen and dining room, exercise room, theater, den and more. It sat on five wooded acres just east of the city and Kacey loved it. She often wished that she could pick it up and transport it to England. Stepping out of the car into the thick, humid air Kacey was currently the most grateful that it was air conditioned.

Walking through the large oak and leaded glass front door, she paused to smile and appreciate that she was home. Grabbing her small suitcase, she headed for one side of the enormous staircase and climbed up to the second floor and the master bedroom. It was more of a master suite in actuality with a huge bedroom, sitting room, closet and bath. Kacey had had the sitting room designed as a library and filled it with her favorite books. There was a large, old fashioned four poster bed complete with canopy, and an enormous hearth reminiscent of 17th century homes. The hearth was two sided with the other side open to the library. In the back wall there were french doors leading to a screened balcony overlooking the pool and the land in the back of the house.

Plopping her bag onto the bed, she walked into the bath. A large Jacuzzi tub, fit for two, dominated the room. At one end of the bath was a small fireplace over which was embedded a TV. To the side of the tub was a full bowed window with a view of the side of the property and, in the distance, the neighbor's house. There was a shower enclosure in the corner with state of the art pulsating heads and a rain jet in the ceiling. The walls were covered in a sealed, rough stone in rustic shades of brown with the cabinets in complementing shades of stained hardwood. A door next to the sinks led to the closet.