XIV.

On Tuesday after breakfast, Ms

On Tuesday after breakfast, Ms. Belcourt called for an assembly. 

We were all still sitting at the breakfast table when the teachers filed into the dining hall, gathering all of the students together and ordering those standing around not to leave. We waited for ten more minutes for the rest of the students who were not at the dining hall, to make their way down as quickly as possible. I caught Alfred's eye as he walked in alongside the History teacher, he winked and gave a comforting nod as he saw me. 

"What the hell is this about?" Marina asks, confused. 

"Boy if I know" Lucy responds, looking around at all of the teachers. They all ominously stood side by side, faces unchanged and devoid of emotion, giving no secrets to what this assembly could be about. Blythe gives me a look and I shrug my shoulders, as if to say that I had no idea either. It was a lie of course, I knew what this assembly would be about. The dining hall fell quiet as Headmistress Belcourt made her way to the front of the dining hall, she demanded everyone's attention with her spiky heels and bloody red lips turned into a cold smile.  

"I have called you all here to regretfully announce that Johanna Watson is dead" She states simply. Gasps echoed around the dining hall, some of the werewolves cried out in surprise. Our table looks around curiously, "Are you serious" Damien's jaw drops. 

"Holy crap" Marina whispers. 

"My deepest sympathy for all of our werewolf students, she was a close friend of mine" The headmistress gives a sad look, gazing around the room at the lost students. "Nevertheless, know that Thornhill is a safe place and we are all here to help one another through this terrible time" She then says. "Thornhill Academy will also be on lockdown for the time being, until the murder of Johanna Watson has been solved" She announced. 

Even louder gasps sound around the room, and hushed chatter erupts. "Quiet down please!" One of the teachers barked. 

"Are you kidding me?" Blythe breathes. "No one said it was a murder" Lucy whimpers, looking around at all of us concerned. Marina grabs her sister's hand and strokes the back of it, "It'll be fine. Thornhill is safe, everyone just relax" She tries to resonate. 

"You are not permitted to leave the premises, this is for your own safety. This means no more parties in the forest- yes I know you do this." She gives knowing nod towards Hazel's direction, "As well on going out on the weekends, you may not leave the school grounds. Thank you students, please carry on with your day. If you have any other questions, please request to see me in my office. Mrs. Pike our student services head will be in her office for the remainder of the day if any of you need someone to talk to and to cope with your grief" Ms. Belcourt gives the school another sad smile before descending down the steps and walking out along with the rest of the staff in tow.