Chapter 8 Holes

There is something funny about how life goes. Fear of an uncertain punishment can be ignored when actions cannot be undone. There was a threat, a possibility, of an angel hunter finding Fall- but the angel had no fear. She was having the time of her life, being acknowledged.

Perhaps, Fall was being acknowledged too much. She was suddenly an interpreter between angels and their wards, and the flight to fix the first post-battle-problem was a long one. Pretty soon, Fall simply wanted to sleep, instead of sitting up and writing. However, she was too kind, and kept writing.

The two stronger angels, Skiff and Sea, kept asking Fall if she could tell Clint and Natasha that they should move in together. Clint's kids could use an aunt, and Natasha could use a family.

Bruce's angel, Anne, and Steve's, Arden, where having a history debate. Fall could feel death glares from Speed and Miki on her back as she wrote a note, handing the paper to Natasha. Natasha took the paper, and Fall moved to a quiet corner to lay down and type on her blue screen. Not a day had passed, but Fall needed to keep the numbers updated.

"Are you well?" Thor asked, moving next to Fall. She nearly jumped, having thought she was invisible- but then she realized, she left the cap on her head clearly visible.

Fall grabbed up her notepad and hastily wrote, before passing Thor a scribbled note that assured: ~Yes, I am fine. The other angels here are just giving me a headache.~

When she looked away from Thor, Fall caught Loki's gaze. Or, more like he was staring in her general direction when she noticed his observing eyes. Loki looked away from Fall immediately, and she vaguely felt like she should apologize for something. Fall looked back at Thor, who was now doodling a bird on her notepad.

There was a moment of silence, and suddenly, Fall remembered Loki was still hurt and never was treated! She immediately stood up and grabbed a medical kit off a wall, before sitting back down beside Loki. They were both opposite to Thor.

"What is that for?" Thor asked, looking up from his bird and seeing the red cross on the box.

Without giving an answer, Fall went to work. She began taking out gauze and bandaids, adrenaline and whatever had been packed in. She sat, organizing the contents on the floor, before finding what she needed. Then she took off her hat and sat it aside, making a cotton ball with alcohol invisible, and sat beside Loki. Cautiously, she put the back of her hand on Loki's face to let him know where she was.

The stubborn asgardian shooed her hand away like a fly, and Fall rolled her eyes. She moved carefully, inspecting Loki. Blood hid under black clothing, but she knew where he hurt. Beginning with his face, Fall put the cotton ball against the trickster's bottom lip, directly on the part that was busted open not-so-long ago.

Caught off-guard, Loki winced and hissed, pulling his head away. "What are you doing?" He asked immediately, defensive.

Fall traced a medical cross on Loki's cheek, the only way to communicate to him without the situation becoming even more awkward, then went back to cleaning his lip. Loki sat still. The angel rolled up one of the shock suit's sleeves to reveal a long, worrisome gash that had not been properly cared for. Fall could only guess when Loki could have gotten the wound.

"I'm quite alright." Loki hissed as Fall put alcohol on the wound, yanking away. Fall ignored this and grabbed Loki's arm tightly, holding him still while she cleaned the wound. He closed his eyes as she tied the gauze over the gash.

"Brother, are you alright?" Thor voiced with concern, apparently finished with his bird. With a glance, he could see how bruised and cut up Loki was, and his face softened in an obvious regret.