Waking Up

Aryanna slowly opened her eyes. She was in a hospital bed. All her friends were surrounding her. Valy and Haily were not there but Amaan was. She had seen Amaan after five years. The last time she saw him, he was leaving to go to Australia.

"I-" Aryanna said.

"It's okay, everything is fine" said Lesley, assuring her that there was no problem, although she knew about Valy.

"Hey sweety!" Amaan said, as he bent down to hug Aryanna.

"Hey Amaan, long time no see" Aryanna replied, hugging him back tightly.

Amaan was still single, his love for Aryanna was true and he never loved anyone other than her.

"The doctor said you can go home now, you are fine" Amaan said. He put Aryanna's arms around him and picked her up.

"Amaan, you know I can walk!" Aryanna said, laughing.

Amaan put her down.

"Sorry, I thought-" Amaan spoke, smiling.

"No, it's okay" Aryanna replied.

"Okay, at least take my hand" Amaan said.

Aryanna's smiled smile dropped. Nobody had ever said that to her since she left Valy.

"Sure" she said, smiling again, for a moment Aryanna had forgotten Valy and what had happened. She was with Amaan, someone who cared about her, a good friend.

Amaan swung the door open and to their surprise, Valy was standing there.

Aryanna, not  knowing what she was doing, walked slowly towards Valy. Valy did the same. They stared into each others eyes. They had been apart for ten years and now they were seeing each other. They walked up to each other, Aryanna put her hand on Valy's face, he hadn't changed since she had last seen him. His brown eyes were still as beautiful as they were ten years ago. His body was still built and he looked more like a gentleman. His hair was the same, his lips still looked soft and his hands looked the same.

"Aryanna..., I want to speak to you" he said, interupting Aryanna's observation.

"Go away, what's there left to talk about? You broke her heart years ago, now you want to repeat it?" Amaan asked, as he walked up and pushed Valy to the side.

"I never broke her heart! Anyways, I'm not talking to you, Aryanna, please, I just want to talk to you, it's been ten years, please" begged Valy. Valy had never told anyone what Aryanna had made him do and he was never going to tell anyone.

"I'll see what he has to say after these ten years" Aryanna said, her eyes full of tears.

"But-" Amaan argued.

"Amaan, please" Aryanna said.

Valy and Aryanna walked to the side to talk.

"So, what do you want?" Aryanna questioned.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to see you, in private" replied Valy.

"Anyways, why are you here? You were supposed to be in America" Aryanna spoke.

"We came here for a holiday. Anyways, look Aryanna, all these ten years of my life I've been with Haily and I still can't assure myself that I love her" said Valy.

"Ten years ago you made me swear on your life that I will be with Haily and I was with her, I never broke up with her as I knew your life would be at risk" Valy said.

"Look, it's been ten years, I've never forgotten you and I don't think you have but sometimes in life we just have to give up some things. You know, we can't always have everything, love, luck and all those things. I guess life doesn't always give you the things you want but appreciate the things it does give you and adapt yourself to the life it gives you, even if you don't like it" Aryanna said.

"Yes, you are right. For a moment I thought you were the Aryanna that I loved, the Aryanna who would give up anyone and anything for me but I was mistaken" Valy said, wiping his tears and walking away.