Uncertainty

(Warehouse in Centro, Rio de Janeiro)

A buff man with a brownish fur coat walked into the warehouse towards a group of men sitting on some crates. Once they took notice of his presence, they stood up.

"Senor Kravinoff, we heard about the fail at the jewelry store,"One of them said in a scared like voice,"Please forgive us, it will not happen next time."

"Uspokoysya(Calm Down), Gentlemen," Kravinoff said in a happy voice,"Relax, everything went according to plan. The robbery was meant to lure White Tiger out of hiding so that I could find out if this person was the real White Tiger. But obviously, this girl wasn't the real one."

"So what do we do now,"Another guy asked.

"We move on with the plan," Kravinoff replied,"Tomorrow, you boys know what to do, Da?"

"Si, Senor Kravinoff,"The first guy replied,"Everything is set for tomorrow afternoon."

"Otlichno(Perfect)," Kravinoff said walking towards his room,"Get a good night's rest,mal'chikov(boys), we got big day tomorrow."

***Peter's Room(Birds of Paradise Hotel,Regular POV)***

Peter jumps through the window and landed perfectly. Ava followed suit,walked off the balcony,through the curtains,and into the room. Taking her mask off,she asked Peter,"So what did you need to talk to me about?"

"Oh right,well actually the reason I'm here in Rio is because of you."Peter explained.

"Me? Why me?"

"Have you heard of Mr. Stark?"

"Stark?"She asked,"As in Tony Stark,the 'Iron Man'?"

"Yes,that's the one."

"Yeah, I've heard of him."

"Well, he sent me here to recruit you."

When she heard Peter say that, she froze. Did she hear him right? He came all the way down here to recruit her. The thought of being an Avenger was awesome, but she wasn't so sure that she could take on the responsibility.

"Ava, are you ok?"Peter asked worriedly

"Um, yeah. I'm okay," She replied in a shaky voice,"Um, are you sure that THE Tony Stark told you to come for me?"

"Hang on a sec," Peter said walking to the other side of the bed. Bending down, he reached under the bed and pulled out the case and plopped it onto the bed. Flipping it open, a hologram popped up as always. Peter then flipped through images until he found one, after which he pushed the holographic play button, which brought up a holographic screen showing Tony Stark.

" Hello, Ms. Ayala. If you're watching this, then Peter must've found you and told about the offer. Nice going, Underoos."

Ava snickered at that, which made Peter blush as red as his suit.

"I understand if this is overwhelming for you, but this is something that both you and Peter need to realize. Things are changing, the world is changing, and it depends on the Avengers to protect it. But something might happen in which we might not make it back. And if in the event that ever happened, there would need to be some other people to take up the responsibility of protecting those people.

T hat's why we were called together to form the Avengers. And that is why I've created, The New Avengers Initiative. Peter was the first recruitee, and you're the second. If you need some time to think this through, take all the time you need. In the meantime, take it easy on Peter. He gets nervous when he's around a girl that he likes."

Tony chuckled a bit and then the screen went black, and the hologram disappeared. The room was silent from both Ava's shock and Peter's embarrassment.

Peter finally broke the silence saying,"So what do you think?"

"I don't know," She answered,"I never expected to become a vigilante/superhero, let alone become an Avenger."

"You're not alone in that boat. I didn't intend to become Spider-Man, but I did. And it's like Mr. Stark said, it's a responsibility." Kinda like something my uncle once told me."

"Yeah and look how you turned out. Not bad, Spidey."

Peter chuckled and blushed again.

"So what do ya say?"Peter asked

(Ava's POV)

One thing was for sure, it was an honor to be asked to become an Avenger. But on the other hand, I'm not so sure if I'm qualified to be one. But then again, Peter is kinda cute.

Wait! Did I just think that? I barely know this guy and I'm already crushing on him. [sigh] Ok calm down, Ava. One thing at a time............................................................................. I sure hope I don't screw this up.

The next thing I knew, I looked up to Peter and said,"I need some time to think about this. I'll give you my answer tomorrow."

"How'll I find you?"He asked.

I looked around until I found a notepad and a pen on the desk. I walked over to it and wrote down the name of my school. I tore off the note and walked over to Peter and handed it to him."Come to my school tomorrow at around twelve o'clock. We'll have lunch and we can talk about this."

"Ok, I'll see you there."He said taking the note and looking at it.

"See you tomorrow, Spidey."

"You can bet on it, Tiger."

After that, I turned around and jumped out the window and headed home. And I gotta say, I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

(Peter's POV)

I watched as the beautiful latina jumped out the window and disappeared into the darkness of the night.

I sit down on the bed and looked at the note she gave me, which read,'Skyline High - 12:00 PM Lunch Date. See you there, Spidey ;).

Man, this girl is something. Well, one thing's for sure, I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.