Surviving & Bonding

***Deserted Island, Location: Unknown(9:32 AM)***

It was the bright rays of the sun hit Ava's eyelids, slowly pulling her out of sleep. Blinking her eyes a few times, she slowly lifted her head and looked around. Seeing the beach and the ocean, memories of what happened yesterday came crashing back like the waves coming back to the shore. Looking around again, she tried to find Peter, but he was nowhere to be found.

"Peter," she called out, but she received no reply. She ran up and down the beach for about five minutes before she saw something rising from the ocean. When she looked, she saw it was Peter in his suit. "Peter, don't do that!"

"Don't do what?" he asked pulling off his mask.

"Leave me alone like that," Ava exclaimed," I thought something had happened to you. What were you doing down there anyway?"

"Getting breakfast," Peter said holding up four web lines with a fish on each of them. Seeing this made Ava smile. Knowing Peter did such a kind gesture, not just for himself, but also for her made blush. This was also making her secret crush on him grow stronger.

"You ok, Ava?" Peter asked, breaking her out of her trance.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine, "she said trying to mask her embarrassment, "but next time let me know when you're going somewhere."

"But you were asleep."

"I don't care!" Ava exclaimed, punching Peter in the shoulder, "You scared me!"

"OK I'm sorry," Peter said, grabbing his shoulder and wincing,"I won't do it again. Now can we please go eat?"

Ava looked at him as he winced and held up the fish. It was kind of amusing. "Sure, come on bugboy." So the two super teens walked back to the campsite to have their meal and for Peter to rest his shoulder.

Peter and Av sat and relaxed as their food digested. With full bellies, they talked and laughed about past experiences. But after a while, Ava decided to ask a serious question.

"So, what's it like being an Avenger?" She asked.

"Well, I'm not exactly an Avenger per se," Peter confessed.

"But I thought you said that-"

"No, I never said that I was an Avenger. I guess I'm an Avenger-in-training."

"So you're a trainee, so what does that make me?" she asked.

"I guess that makes you my trainee," Peter said with a smirk.

"Oh really?"

"Yup!" Peter said stressing the 'p'. "Come on, rookie, we need to make some shelter." So the two super teens walked by into the forest to get some stuff to make a shelter.

As the two walked around the island, they came across a leaning palm tree. Seeing as how it would a good place to set up, they headed into the forest for some palm tree branches and sticks. Starting with the roof, they placed multiple branches on top of the tree. Having no nails, Peter shot a few web balls along the top of the tree, stabilizing the roof. Making two sets of walls with branches and the sticks, they made them about 6 ft. long and placed one on each side.

Finally finishing at 2:53 PM, the two teens headed back to their makeshift campsite. Grabbing their stuff, they walked back to their new 'temporary' home until Ava decided to break the silence.

"Hey, Peter."

"Yeah, Ava?"

"Do you think we're ever gonna get off this island?" She asked. Hearing this made Peter stop. He looked at her and saw fear. He knew how she felt. Granted it had only been two days but can you blame them? "I just don't wanna spend the rest of my life on a deserted island, alone."

She lowered her head and whimpered. But then she felt two arms embrace her in a hug to which she immediately returned. Peter rubbed her back and let her cry on his shoulder.

"You're not alone, Ava. I'm here and I'm never gonna leave you."

"Promise?" She asked.

"I promise." Peter replied.

After a few seconds, Peter started to continue to walk with Ava but didn't break the embrace. They left the stuff there because, right now it wasn't important, it could wait. They made it back to the tree house and Peter laid her down on her makeshift bed and was about to leave when,

"Please don't leave me, Peter," She said grabbing his wrist.

"Why, do you need anything?"

"Can you just hold me, please?"

"Of course," Peter replied laying back down and pulling her back into the embrace as she cried herself to sleep. As they lay there, Peter looked up at the sky through the cracks of the branches. As the sun hung over them, Peter slowly slipt away into a peaceful slumber.

Right outside, flying above the treehouse was a drone. The camera on it moved until it stopped on the house.

***Port of Rio De Janeiro***

The thugs were sitting inside a metal shipping container and one of the was on a computer. On the screen, there was a flash and a screenshot of the leafy house.

"Hey, boss," he said referring to Kravinoff, "We found'em. We shot'em outta the sky, but don't worry. They are still alive."

"Khorosho(Good)," Kravinoff replied, "Do you have the location?"

"Yes, sir."

"Prepare the chopper, we're going to get my amulet."

--------------------------------------------------------------
KRAVEN'S COMING!!! RUUUN!!! There's more coming in the next chapter. I might not update this week cause I'll be working of my Fast 9 story. But I am NOT abandoning this project, and I wanna thank you guys for loving this story and my F8 story. See you guys next chapter.