It Takes One To Know One

Sorry for taking so long to update, I've just been busy work on my F8 story. But I'm back again with a new chapter. So sit back, relax, and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Peter's Room(Birds of Paradise Hotel, Regular POV/5:46 AM)***

The next morning, Peter stood on the balcony overlooking the city. He looked back in to see Ava laying down on the bed. The day before, she was too emotionally depressed to stay by herself so Peter offered her to stay with him at the hotel. (FYI: Peter slept on a rollaway.) He turned back out to the city and stared at the horizon. This was one heck of a weekend. Hopefully, it'll get better than it is.

"Peter," a voice called out behind him.

He turned and walked back into the room to see Ava sitting at the foot of the bed in a white hotel robe.

"Hey, you feelin' better?" Peter asked sitting down next to here.

"Yeah, somewhat," she replied,"Just a bit...overwhelmed, I guess."

"Well, like Hector said, He'll always be with you. And so will I."

After he said that, Ava chuckled a bit and interlocked their hands, and laid her head on Peter's shoulder.

"Thanks, Peter," she said,"I'm glad I have you as a friend."

"No problem, Ava," Peter replied.

***Ava's Apartment(Regular POV)***

After breakfast, Peter suggested that they go to Ava's apartment for her to pack up her stuff. As they walked in, it felt like a shadow had been cast over the whole place. A feeling of having 500 lbs. of weight on your shoulders, but you can't get it off. That's how both Ava and Peter felt. But fortunately, they had each other.

After a while, Ava came out of her room with a suitcase and her backpack but stopped when she saw the pictures on the hallway wall. One mainly caught her sight. It was of her, her mother and her father together smiling. It was the last picture they took before her mother died, and was one of the happiest moments of her life. She pulled it off the wall and took the picture out of the frame and put in her backpack. When she was done, she walked into the kitchen to find Peter leaning against the counter.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be," Ava said with a heavy sigh.

"Well let's get going then."

As they left, Peter opened the door for her and offered to take her suitcase, to which she accepted.

***Stark Jet, Somewhere Over The Northern Pacific Ocean***

Ava looked out the window as the clouds flew by. As she did, she felt both excited and scared about what was happening. Excited for her first time being out of the country, but scared that her father wouldn't be there should she decide to go back. There was too much pressure. The thought of being alone, with no home, no parents. She was basically orphan now and there was nothing she could do about it. This is just too overwhelming.

"Hey," Peter said taking the seat in front of her," You okay?"

Ava shrugged,"Somewhat. I'm just.... I don't know, scared, I guess."

"Of what?"

"What if we get to New York and I don't feel comfortable there? "I can't go home, I don't have anybody or anywhere to go. Where am I gonna go?

There was a moment of silence. Once again, Peter had that feeling of empathy towards Ava. The thought of being alone was something they both had in common, although he wished that it wasn't.