12

It had been three days and I'd barely slept, I started having flashbacks during the day and they hurt.

I crawled out of the vent and sat on the Soldier's couch.

He wasn't on the floor, he'd gone out about an hour ago.

I put my elbows on my thighs and my head in my hands to wait for him again.

I heard the elevator open, quiet speech came from it.

I was too lost in my thoughts to decipher the words, but they stopped when they entered the room.

"Radley?" I heard the Soldier question warily.

I pulled my hair roughly and let out a muffled sob.

I heard the steps run in front of me, "Radley it's okay, I know it hurts. I know you're confused," the Soldier told me.

I didn't understand why he was showing emotion, it wasn't permitted!

I felt a hand carefully rest on my shoulder, which caused me to slide onto my knees on the floor with a loud sob.

"I don't want to remember," I cried.

The Soldier wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.

I curled up in a ball, Steve left the room quietly, looking sad.

I started to lose control of my transformations and changed into a red iguana.

The Soldier managed to hide his surprise.

Small noises came from me as I continued to cry in a form that couldn't.

I shifted again, into a brown Australian shepherd, crying came out as whimpers, whines, and occasional howls in this form.

I eventually passed out from strain of my crying and shifts.

The Soldier was the last thing I saw.

I silently hoped that he would take me back to the chair to be wiped so these memories would stop hurting me, plaguing me.