Walking Through The Horizon, I Found Myself Back Here Somehow

OK. It's done. Here comes the great final.
*****

No sooner had the helicopter with the more than just dead, but also hopefully soon resumed Gary on board out of sight, the second was already here. As the three remaining still looked miserly in the direction of the vanished helicopter, the aircraft assigned to them had already landed, and a middle-aged man, like the boys themselves, entered the scene to pick up the friends. As he joined the small group, he tried to get his attention by cautiously holding one of them on the shoulder, giving more than a word.

"Don't worry. Your friend will make it."

"Your words in God's ears." The addressed Howard could then only give back and threw the strange man a look of unhappiness.

Without being asked to be summoned, Howard unleashed himself from his remaining stiffness, heading for helicopters, where he took his own, as well as Gary's backpack, into custody. Jason and Mark hesitated for a moment, until they finally resembled the older man and sneak it with his head down. As soon as all the people and baggage were on board, Jason asked the one guy if they could make a little detour to pick up two or three more people. Although the guy said that would not be a problem, but because of their luggage it could prove to be difficult. Whereupon Jason only replied that it would be unnecessary with the intermediate landing. When asked where this stop should be, Jason simply gave him the map, pointing to one of the marked spots they had been trying to reach as quickly as possible for days. Robbies estate.

With the consent of Jason's request, the pilot brought the helicopter into the air and then flew in the direction indicated. Although the guys were now on the way out of this hell hole, none of them could really look forward to it. The fear that the paramedics couldn't do anything for Gary, and he had already stepped out of his life, did not let go of the friends and gnawed away unhindered on their nerves. This was the worst nightmare they'd ever experienced.

The whole flight was quite silent, which was understandable after the much too fresh experiences and lasted for the guys for more than half an eternity. If they didn't know it better, even a whole life. But somehow the longest flight came to an end. When the helicopter's runners touched Robbie's estate, the three friends were already witnessing how an Ayda, Dawn, and Emma fell completely out of the house with outstretched hair. After the pilot had switched off all the motors and the rotors were still rattling their last laps, the three completely finished looking men escaped from the helicopter and kept their lost eyes on the ground. No one even dared to take a look to the front, where the women looked at her questioningly and looked at the guys from top to bottom. The three didn't give the best impression. This trip had clearly left its mark.

"Why are you back already? According to plan, you didn't want to be back until tomorrow afternoon." Ayda used the first attempt to find out what the guys were doing to stop the trip prematurely.

"And where's Gary?" Dawn noticed Gary's absence immediately, then she was scared, "You haven't left him alone in the wilderness, right?"

Since Howard, Jason and Mark weren't able to get in contact with Dawn, they clung all the more to their backpacks, which they had taken out right away, so they missed a real embrace. With the inevitable feeling of fear that something terrible had happened, Dawn stepped up to the small group and grabbed the next one by the collar.

"What's about my husband? Where is he? ...Answer me. I have a right to know what's going on with my Gary."

The collar-studded Howard looked up at his gloomy look and tried to look Dawn in the eye as he stuttered, "He ... he should be in the hospital now."

"What's happened in God's name? Don't tell me now that he is badly injured or worse still dead." Dawn demanded a momentary reply.

"We ...we don't know." Mark could just choke out.