Chapter 31

Dylan's pov

I awake to the feeling of hot breath tickling my neck, alongside a heavy object draping itself across my torso.

My eyes shoot open and I completely freeze, until the memory of last night is clear in my head and I realise that its just Luke beside me.

I turn my head to the side, biting my lip, hoping not to wake him.

I had never woken up next to a guy before, and was a bit sceptical of the outcome.

Maybe he would wake up regretting last night?

As I turn my head completely to face him, his eyes are already open and he's staring at me with a confused expression.

"Expecting someone else?" He raises his eyebrows with a smirk.

"No." I try to be serious. "I was just surprised that you're still here."

He then places his free hand over his heart, pretending that my statement had hurt him.

"That's not what I meant." I laughed, nudging him. "I guess I've never been in the situation where a guy has been here when I woke up I guess? Not that I have slept around or that guys have stayed in my bed it's just-"

I was interrupted by Luke's smile widening.

"I'm rambling." I state as I slap my hands over my face.

"I was surprised you let me stay."

"I didn't really have a choice, considering that you were already asleep when I got here." I shook my head at him.

"Well, you're the only girl I have ever woken up next to, and you're the only girl I want to wake up next to in the future."

"Lair." I poke me tongue out and pull the blankets over my head.

"Serious! Other chicks refuse to sleep next to me."

"Don't want to know Lucas."

"Hey!" He laughs and pushes the covers off of both of us.

He eyes my suspiciously before moving his hands towards me.

He jumps on top of me, pinning me down and begins to tickle my sides.

"LUKE-stop-i'm-serious-I'll-"

He stops and raises his eyebrows, with me trying to steady my breath underneath him.

"You'll what?" He grins down at me.

Both of our heads snap to my door after hearing a loud thud down the hall.

"I thought you were home alone?" Luke asks shitting himself.

"Shit." I mumble. "Probably my dad."

Luke's expression grows more scared as he gets off of the bed completely and gathers his stuff.

"What are you doing?" I whisper to him while he tries to tie his laces.

"I am NOT getting caught by your dad, no thank-you." His whispers, causing me to laugh. "It's not funny! your dad will murder me!"

"Okay, okay." I get up and walk towards the door.

"Dylan!" He loudly whispers.

"What?"

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to make sure that the coast is clear before I sneak you out." I whisper as I check down the hallway. "Unless of course you would rather jump out the window."