Chapter 28

Lukes pov

Friday morning

"Then leave!" I hear a faint yell as I try to sneak out my front door.

It's not even 6:30 and they are already at it.

Every morning.

I safely make it pass the kitchen and begin to turn the door knob.

I decide to wait out the silence, and open the door when they inevitably start arguing again.

I don't feel like being apart of their shit this morning.

I've had a shit enough week as it is.

"This is my house!"

"You are barely here!"

There's my queue to leave.

I open the door and shut it, the noise barely being audible over their yelling.

In case they did here the door shut, I race down my street until I reach the main road and set off to Michaels.

While walking, I decide that now is a good time to think about what the fuck is going on.

I thought me and Dyl were together, then we completely flipped back to not speaking.

The only time it's good is when we're alone.

Her punching Ashton just majorly complicated things.

I know I was being a dick about it, but if she keeps on aggravating them, one of them will ruin shit.

If the boys find out, everything will be ruined, and if she finds out, everything will fuck up.

Fuck it.

I haven't been this happy ever.

She makes me happy.

So I'm going to do whatever it takes to win her back.

Fuck Ashton.

Fuck everyone.

Without knocking, I enter my second home and head towards the kitchen.

I get the toaster out, put four pieces of toast in and begin to make two cups of tea.

Just as I butter the toast, a very tired Michael enters the kitchen yawning.

He sniffs the air and smiles with his eyes closed.

"oh Luke, you shouldn't have." He yawns as he stretches his arms over his head.

Just as he sits on the stool opposite the bench that I was standing behind, Sue enters the kitchen with her uniform on.

She smiles at me and sits beside Michael, grabbing the newspaper in the process.

"Too bad I didn't." I state and place the plate of toast and cup of tea in front of Sue.

I turn towards the sink and begin to dry up the small amount of dishes, probably from last night, when I hear Michael get up and leave.

I grab the dry plates I had dried and place them under the bench I was standing behind before.

When I get up to take a sip of my tea, I discovered that the cup, alongside my plate was completely empty.

"Michael you lazy shit!" I scream, earning a disapproving look from Sue for swearing.

"How's Dylan?" She asks.

I clear my throat, not knowing how to answer that question.

"She didn't come in for work on Wednesday."