Chapter 42

Dylan's POV

I didn't sleep last night. I couldn't.

I stayed home from school today, claiming that I still had 'cramps' so that my Dad would get off my case. I didn't want to, but I texted Luke.

I needed and explanation. He agreed to come and see me, to explain during his free period. Now, I continue to wait for him.

I don't exactly know what will happened when I see him, how I will feel, but I needed to let him explain.

It wasn't until my courage to see Luke had fully run out when I heard a faint knock at my window. I didn't look outside my window when I opened it, I already had a feeling that it'd be Luke.

I walked over to my bed and sat down, waiting for him to do the same. But he never did.

"Hey Dylan." The voice said, sounding nothing like Luke.

"Ashton?" I said confused as I turned to face him. It was in fact Ashton and he had a big purple bruise surrounding his left eye socket and a split lip. "Oh my god." I said and stood up.

"You should see the other guy." He joked.

"Luke?"

"Luke." He confirmed.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" I questioned, sounding more concerned than I intended to.

"I haven't gone to school today, so he's probably there. I needed to come and explain, you looked lost yesterday."

"Please," I insisted and gestured him to sit on my bed next to me. I didn't care if it wasn't Luke explaining. I needed to know everything.

"You probably want to hear it from Luke-" He began to say hesitantly.

"No. I don't care, just give me the basics, please." I beg.

"Okay." He breathed out and got ready to explain. "Um, okay."

He swallowed and turned to face me, lifting his left leg up on my bed to get a better view. "Rewinding back to the first time I saw you, when you were in the cafeteria with your dad and the principal. Being honest, we all thought you were hot, like real hot. Then you came to school and after a couple of days we came up with a fucking stupid idea." He said and his face softened a tiny bit.

"What idea." I asked quietly, trying to fight back tears from forming.

"A bet." He said and looked away.

"Wow." I breathed out and leaned my head back, stopping the tears that had formed from falling down my face. "The bet for me or?"

"The bet for your, you know." He finished off.

"Go on." I said and looked at him, not caring if he saw me cry.

"We were all in on it, but then we got to know you. Calum was the first to back out and Michael soon followed. And I'm so, so sorry that I didn't. It wasn't until after that you punched me in the nose that I wanted to back out as well. But then I saw Luke, and he was obviously winning. He wanted to back out but never did, I never thought he'd actually do it Dyl, I swear."

"He wanted to back out at Michael's party didn't he? And that was you who wouldn't let him." I declared. "And Calum tried to tell me, so many times." I said in realization. The clues were basically spelt out in front of me.

"I was drunk at that party Dyl, and we all care about you, we didn't mean for it to get this far."

"But it did Ashton!" I raised my voice and stood up, pacing around my room. "He took what he wanted and more! I fell for that asshole and now I have nothing. My virginity, and dignity is gone!"