Chapter 7

Danny sat bored out of his mind with nothing to do but look at the same view he's seen thousands of times... Okay maybe not thousands, but still a lot! It's been fifty minutes up there, cut him some slack.

"I spy with my little eye an.... Island. Again," Danny said, talking to himself. There's not a lot to do up there when you're alone. "I'm going to make a clone real quick, and I don't know. Maybe talk to Mom we'd Dad as Phantom? It'll be better than this."  He focused before cloning himself, hoping that the clone didn't backfire while he was talking and suddenly zoom back into him while he was with his parents. That would be awkward if a clone of their son suddenly merged with the ghost boy. Not a conversation he felt like having.

He phased out of the crow's nest (he wondered if his dad had a ridiculous name to go with it and his mom just didn't say it... Probably), and flew down to the widow of the driver's room. His dad was feasting on victory fudge, while his mother on the other hand was paying very close attention to the coordinates the signature had given them, making sure the Speeder wouldn't stray from the directions. Such a responsible driver.

"Hi Mo-uhh Maddie! Jack!" Danny yelled, making his presence known, chuckling when he said his parents name. The Fenton's looked shocked at the sound of his voice, probably forgetting that there was a possibility of the Ghost boy being in the Ghost Zone.

"Phantom! Come on in and have some fudge!" Jack yelled as well, trying to get Danny to hear through the nearly sound proof glass. He forgot about the speakers.

"I'll pass on the fudge," Danny said, phasing into the driver's room with his parents. "Now tell me, what are two of the Earth's greatest hunters doing with a bunch of highschoolers in the Ghost Zone?"

"We're on a field trip!" Maddie announced, the excitement clear in her voice and evident on her face through wide eyes and a big smile. "Currently, we're trying to find Icelick!"

"... Who's Icelick?"

"The yeti ghost!"

... Oh it's going to be fun when Frostbite hears his new name. "Oh Icelick! Yeah, forgot. Whoops!"  Frostbite will be so confused. A thought ran through Danny's head. "How did you figure out that this is the flip side of Earth?"

The Fenton's squirmed in their seats, looking ashamed for what they were about to say. Jack looked to his wife, hoping that she could explain. Maddie instead kept her mouth in a tight this line and continued to keep her eyes glued to the green view. Sighing, knowing that he would have to explain this time, Jack put his victory fudge back onto his plate and looked to the ghost boy next to him. "We bugged you a very long time ago. We had made it to read your health status, and to record any visual and audio from around you. It was only to record during battles between us! Not to spy on whatever you I'd at other times. We used it when when you went into the zone during the Disasteroid incident to gain some information for later."

Danny was silent. He didn't hate his parents for this. If anything, he understood why they did it. They are still scientists. He just wonders how much they might have seen that could lead to his secret. "How much have you recorded?"

Maddie still refused to talk, so Jack continued on. "We first bugged you during the million dollar ghost incident. The bug is in your bloodstream, so when you don't use your powers, or they aren't in a dominant state, the bug won't record anything. We only have recordings for short periods of time for reasons we don't understand. Most recoding are from when we were hunting you, and all are only tuned into when you use the keywords phantom, spook, ecto, ectoplasm, or ghosts. We didn't record any personal conversations"

"Good."

The ride for the next few minutes became silent. The Far Frozen came into view, and Danny knew he would have to leave now if he wanted to get out before they reached the island.