Chapter 26: An Ending is A Beginning

I groaned at the sound of a phone ringing

I opened my eyes, turning in the direction of the noise to find Gage still sound a sleep between the phone and I.

"Gage," I whined, pushing at his shoulder. He groaned as he woke up, the noise reaching his ears. He rolled to the edge of the bed, retrieving the phone from the floor.

"Hello?" he answered groggily making me smile. His eyes were dark, still clouded with sleep, his short hair, slightly curing from the weight of the length, curved into a few differed directions.

I watched his lips as he spoke on the phone, not listening to the words. With a sigh he dropped the phone onto the bed at his hip. His green eyes finding mine, his face drawing into a smirk as he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to him.

His lips were soft as they claimed mine. He sighed as he laid back onto the bed, still holding me tight.

"Your brother will be here in fifteen," I only groaned in response causing him to chuckle, "I'm going to take a shower, and then you should too," I groaned again as he pulled away from me, and got out of the warm bed. I let my face fall into the pillow. He laughed as he kissed the back of my head, "we don't want to smell like sex if we want tokeep US a secret," he only chuckled once more and exited the bedroom.

 He laughed as he kissed the back of my head, "we don't want to smell like sex if we want tokeep US a secret," he only chuckled once more and exited the bedroom

I stepped out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around my body, and the cool air in the living room spread goosebumps across my skin.

"Hannah!" Aaron's voice called, startling me from my daze. My face reddening as he swiftly pulled me into a hug.

"Aaron, I'm only in a towel," I mumbled into his shoulder but still wrapped my good arm around him, returning his hug.

"I know, but I was so worried. You are all I have left, little sister," he tightened his arms around me as he spoke, placing a kiss on top of my wet hair before releasing me.

He stepped back, taking a few moments to take in all of my visible injuries. He took a deep breath, his face scrunching in a frown before he raised his eyes to mine.

"Go, get dressed, I want to speak to you," he cleared his throat when he turned to find Gage's eyes on me.

Gage's green eyes hardened at they shot to Aaron, his face blank as my brother approached him, sitting next to him on the couch.

I sighed in relief upon finding a plastic shopping bag on the bed containing clean clothes, socks, underwear and a bra. Though it should irritate me that my brother went into my clothes and touched me underwear, I was really too happy to have something to weir than that.

Slipping into the clothes, having a bit of trouble with the shirt and my shoulder, I stepped out of the bedroom, feeling more like myself in my own clothes.

A chair had been placed across form the couch, with Gage posted in it, leaving room for me to sit beside my brother on the couch. I braced myself for the questing Aaron was going to ask.

I was not surprised when he asked me to tell him what happened. He stayed silent, letting me tell him everything that had happened.

"I am not so happy that you took it upon yourself to make that decision," he responded, referring to the plan I had to speak to the police, "though it did make everything a bit smoother to deal with,"

"Neither was Gage, but I did it for Tony's mom, I couldn't let him just disappear with out a trace, it would kill her," Aaron only nodded, glancing at Gage before looking back at me.

"I understand," the room was silent for a few minutes as he seemed to take in everything. His face seemed stuck in a frown, making him look much older than he was. He may be nearing thirty but he was nowhere near as old as he looked. All of this weighing on his shoulders.

"With Tony gone..." he trailed off, his eyes glossing over as he looked for the right words, "you can go back to school and life like before..."

"It wont be the same," I mumbled, cutting him off.

"No, but you don't need protection like you did, "

"What about Dominick?" Gage interjected, drawing our attention to him. His face was hard but his eyes were angry as he glared at my brother.

"He is only one man, killing Tony though them into chaos, they have to leader currently and even if he wanted to step into his brother's shoes, I doubt they would follow him,"

"I got you an apartment in a secured, access controlled apartment building," shocked filled me at his words, I could feel my eyes go wide as my mind began to race.

"What about home?" the sad smile caused me to panic, "You're not going to sell it, are you?" my voice was high as I stressed at the thought of him getting rid of our childhood home.

"No, Gage and I will be staying there," I looked between him and Gage, who nodded in confirmation.

"What about your apartments? And your safety?" my brother chucked slightly.

"I was evicted from my apartment after what happened and the house I rent will let me break my lease, and as for Gage..." he glanced over at his friend, "I can't let him stay here," his joking smile grew even though we all knew he was serious about his words.

"So you are going to let me return to my life, my school. Without argument, without bodyguards, or something dumb over protective sh*t?" he laughed.

"I didn't say that," I narrowed my eyes, waiting for him to admit his lie, "you will have protection, just like before,"

"Wait, w-what?!" I looked at him shocked. Had I really had protection? Had I had some goons following me around all of the time?

My brother only smirked as he moved over to the kitchen table.

"I need you to sign this and I will drop it off to the apartment manager. You will be able to move in tomorrow, if I can get it in before noon,"

I shook my head at his change in subject. I wasn't going to argue. Part of me liked the idea of being watched over and protected. Though I knew Gage was the only one that would ever make me feel completely safe.

 Though I knew Gage was the only one that would ever make me feel completely safe

Only the Epilogue left.

I'm actually super excited and proud of myself. First book ever to finish. Hope this leads to every one that comes after. :-D

Hope you all enjoyed. Please don't forget to comment and vote! ~S