Chapter 13: Bite Your Tongue

I was snoozing on the couch by the time Gage left the bathroom

I was snoozing on the couch by the time Gage left the bathroom. I heard his bare feet against the linoleum as he moved. But he didn't move around the kitchen, didn't move to the living room area. His minimal footsteps could only mean that he had entered Aaron's room.

I sighed, my mind was beginning to whirl with thoughts, I knew I couldn't let it though. It would only make me feel worse. I closed my eyes in an attempt to shut out the thoughts I did not want to think.

"Hannah?" Gage asked from somewhere close. "I know you're awake," he said just before I heard the creek of the leather chair. I stayed silent, "what am I going to do with you?" he asked with a sigh and then chuckled coldly, "your brother is going to kill me,"

"No, he wont," I opened my eyes to find him sitting in the chair at the end of the coffee table, his head in his hands, fingers gripping tightly to his damp locks.

"Yes he will,"

"Gage..." I sat up watching as he tugged on his own hair.

"He has known how I have felt for years," he ground out through his teeth.

"Wait, what?" shock shot through me at his words. Years?

"He and Roy will kill me when they find out,"

"Gage..." I stood slowly. He was beating himself up over this. Over having sex with me. Would my brother really hurt his best friend for something like that? I truly didn't know anymore.

Moving towards him, I slowly pulled his hands from his hair and he lifted his eyes to look at me.

"Why do you think my brother," I stepped between his knees, forcing him to lean back, "your best friend, would kill you for something like that?"

"Hannah..." he placed his hands on my hips in an attempt to stop me from moving closer.

"Tell me, Gage," I ran my fingers through his hair as he groaned, leaning his forehead on my stomach.

"Because he told me. Years ago, he told me, if I ever touched you, he would kill me,"

"Gage..." I took a deep breath as I ran my hands down the back of his neck and over his shoulders, "I am an adult, no one is in charge of who touches me and who doesn't, but me and I wanted you to, and that's that,"

"But Hannah you don't know..."

"Hush, Gage," he leaned back to look at me, I lowered my self into his lap, "It's not like we have to tell him, because that's what I want to do, like: 'Hey Aaron, just so you know I slept with Gage, okay, have a good night,' " Gage chuckled.

"He would take that great," his sarcasm clear and true, before his face fell, "I don't keep secrets from him," I looked into his eyes, he almost looked scared.

"It's not a secret, just not something people need to know," I caught his protest with a swift kiss and smiled, "I am not ashamed of what happened, are you?" I watched as emotions flickered behind his eyes.

"No... but..."placing a finger over his lips I shook my head.

"No buts, I will not let him punish you for something I wanted, Gage, if he does, he will have to answer to ME," he chuckled and leaned back, pulling me closer onto his lap.

"What am I going to do with you?" he asked and I smiled, tucking myself onto his chest, my head under his chin.

"Love me, what else?"

"Sweetheart, I have loved you for years," my heart nearly stopped at his words. 

"Well now you don't have to love me from a distance,"

"Now, I'm going to love you from as close as I can get,"

"So, what did you guys do today?" Aaron asked from the other side of the kitchen island

"So, what did you guys do today?" Aaron asked from the other side of the kitchen island. I looked up from the pan in front of me. He was sitting at the island, he eyes glued to the laptop in front of him. Gage was seated next to him, tense as a statue as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, nothing interesting," I said, turning back to the pork chops I was cooking.

"Really?" he drew out the word causing a chill to run down my spine. Was he really going to call us out? "I'm pretty sure Gage did something, today, he was not suppose to do,"

We both looked at each in confusion, how could he have known? He wouldn't have put cameras or bugs or something in his own house, would he have?

Aaron rolled his eyes dramatically.

"I saw the letter on the table, don't try and hide it," he gave Gage a knowing look, " you gave it to her,"

"Right, yeah, I hadn't meant to," the relief on his face nearly made me laugh, "It fell out of my pocket,"

"Well, you know I wanted to be the one to give it to her," he gave his friend a playful punch to the shoulder and shrugged, "oh, well. Did it say anything interesting?" his curious blue eyes now on me.

"Not really," I shrugged, "go ahead and read for yourself," I motioned towards the letter across the house. He smiled as his eyes lit up. He slid from his stool and headed over to the coffee table.

"Oh God, I almost had a heart attack," Gage whispered to me over the island.

"Everything is fine," I whispered back, for the both of us.

"That sonofabitch," Aaron growled from the living room area, "He is such a lying sack of shit,"

I scratched my head nervously as I turned back to the stove. I was trying get myself to calm down,there was no need to be so paranoid.

"I will kill him before I let him get anywhere near you again," his voice was closer now, he must of moved back into the kitchen area. I decided to stay silent, listening to the sizzle of grease as I finished cooking dinner, because I knew I felt the same way.

Hey guys, just a small filler chapter, hope you enjoyed it though

Hey guys, just a small filler chapter, hope you enjoyed it though. Stay tuned for the next chapter. 

Whats coming next: things get risky as Gage and Hannah grow closer; Hannah pulls a defiant move that may be a much worse mistake then she could have imagined; and we meet Tony again.

Let me know what you think by commenting and voting. Thanks -S