!THE FINAL CHAPTER: ALTERNATE ENDING!

After much review (of the other books), I realized I might've rushed the ending for the series. So, I wrote an alternate version. I think I like this one more lol. I hope you guys enjoy :) 

___________

In 2014, both Jackie and Brian went through many ups and downs in their marriage. Soon after Noah was born, Jackie developed postpartum depression and although she had help from her friends, she was still stuck in a rut. This "help" that was being provided by her friends rubbed Brian the wrong way. She was finally becoming independent. 

This independence proved to Jackie that she was worthy way more than she had set herself out to be. She reviewed everything in her head--from 2010 all the way to the present days--and realized she had a lot to work on. 

While she did love Brian, their constant disagreements and lack of trust in one another, put a strain on their marriage. If she had the opportunity to start on a blank slate, she would've taken it in a heart beat. However, that wasn't the case. She knew either she could pick up where they left of--while still feeling betrayed by Brian's infidelity--or close that chapter in her life and move on. 

Even after Noah was born, Jackie thought about it constantly. Unfortunately, she couldn't live with Brian knowing what he did not even a year ago. She wanted to get over it, though, she really did. So, she sought help and with much guidance, she chose to discuss the situation at hand with Brian. This led Brian to seek treatment for himself. 

In doing so, Brian was able to stop smoking and drinking as frequently as he did. Everyone noticed his anger and personality took a 360-turn, evolving him from an immature man to a man who wanted to prove his love, trust and sincerity to his wife. 

As she took notice in his change, Jackie was finding that she and Brian were both becoming very friendly with each other and even decided to attend a few sessions together. In one of the sessions, the pair was forced to discuss the infidelity. That session was full of tears and heartache.

They talked about how she could've got up and left behind a marriage, but instead stood for the sake of her children and the love she still had for Brian. They also talked about how and why Brian did what he did. It was like pouring salt onto an open wound for the two. They never thought they'd be able to talk about it so openly. However, in doing this, they were able to discuss it with professional help--one that they needed ever so badly. 

Out of the sessions he went to, Brian took away one important thing that could potentially fix their marriage. He had no right to play the victim card while using the excuse that the miscarriage was the cause of the affair. He had to take responsibility for his own actions. 

Jackie and Brian both had a lot to work on if they wanted to make it last a lifetime--if they even wanted to anymore...

Jackie had to move past the fact that Brian cheated on her. She had to understand that he did not want it to happen and he accepted full responsibility for it. Ultimately, she had to understand that he still loved her and that their relationship meant so much more than just a meaningless screw with the same trashy girl.

Brian needed to become a better person, overall, or he'd lose Jackie for good.

Things take time, however.

Despite their revelations, things were slowly proving that it's not always meant to be how we want it to be.

Towards the ending of 2014, Avenged Sevenfold completed their tour and were getting ready to hibernate for another year and a half before working on their next album. During this time, Jackie was taking care of Noah and Sophia while flying out to the states and countries where Brian was playing. And although they were on talking terms, Jackie and Brian did not make love to each other. Their marriage was simply a union... or a work in progress. However, let it be known, they mainly did it for their children.