The Plea Deal

In this story (Just to let you guys know), there's going to be a lot of chapters that are going to build into the next--kind of like fillers--cause most of them are revisiting the past and filling in the gaps. For example, Cherry (the groupie), the whole Jesse vs. Brian dilemma, Jackie's career and so on... But the end result is so worth it. You might hate me or love me, or you might un-follow me. But ITS WORTH IT. Brackie forever<3... Or not. Lol jk.  

Love you guys :) <3

With the utmost care and delicacy, Jackie carried and transferred Noah from the glass bassinet to the soft, airy hospital mattress, and set him down; his small, dormant body slowly sunk into the white covers below. She fixed his gifted Motorhead onesie, pulling lightly at the snaps and taking notice that his zero month onesie was fitting him quite large. She took a small step away from the bed and came to realize her son was rather small compared to other babies born at 36 weeks. "You know," she started to say as she lifted him off the bed and held him in front of her chest, "You are so tiny. I just want to eat you up." To that, the newborn responded with faint crackles and fussy movements. "Oh but I won't cause I want to see how much trouble you cause me and daddy--and if you're anything like your father, I'm in for a treat." 

Brian entered the maternity suite--his fingers wrapped tightly around the handle of the car seat--and placed the car seat on the rocking chair beside the bed. He smiled, looking on as Jackie gave petite kisses to Noah. It was a beautiful sight and his only wish was to see it everyday. However, taking into consideration their situation, Brian knew seeing that delightful spectacle was far-fetched. It was a miracle she had agreed to stay the night. 

"What?" Jackie's eyebrows vaulted in anticipation just as she broke Brian's gaze. 

He shot her a closed-smile, shaking his head. "Nothing... It's just a beautiful sight." Brian instantly turned his attention back to the car seat and began pushing down on the sun-visor and canopy, until the entire interior of the gray gravel car seat was exposed. After having a lengthy discussion with his parents, his mind was set on having his family back in his home. The family structure had been absent for quite a while, and he felt he had kept quite for too long about it. He would've been damned if he allowed Jackie to tear away, not only Sophia, but now his newborn son. "Actually," he spoke, making direct eye contact with Jackie, who held Noah close to her chest, rocking him back and fourth on the heels of her feet, "I don't know how to say it without starting a fight." 

"If we fight, they can break it up. They have security here," she joked, receiving no laughter from Brian, who would normally laugh endlessly at her dry-humor and cheap shots of sarcasm. 

"I want my family back," he blurted out, keeping a grave look etched on his face. Jackie's response was to immediately tense up, and Brian was quick to detect the tension. It nearly blocked his ability to say anything else regarding their living conditions, but he managed to push through with his head held high. "I know you're staying overnight, and I know we talked about me staying over your dad's for the week, but it's so stupid. You have a home and it's our home. So, come back to our house so we can raise our kids in our own home." 

"Brian, things between us aren't well," she reminded him, carefully surrendering the infant into his heavily tattooed arms. Noah squirmed in Brian's embrace for a mere second, before he passed out once more. "Before we can provide a safe and positive place for our kids to grow up, we need to know things are going to be... Well, safe and positive between us. And right now, I don't think things are on a marital level." 

"And they're never going to be unless you and I try," he argued. Hoping to avoid any intense arguments, Brian mentally calmed himself down with the techniques Joe and Barbra taught him during the early stages of his separation. He would constantly remind himself to take things one step at a time. "But we don't even have to try now," he mumbled; the last few words falling from his mouth found a way to stab him right in the heart. Had he gotten his way, they would've been trying seconds after Noah was born. "I just want my family in my house, now more than ever. Sophia will need the attention, as will Noah. I appreciate your dad's offer to let us stay, but that's not our house. I'll make you a deal."