Chapter 5

While Tom and Olivia were sleeping, I rushed over to the palace. I forcefully knocked on the door waiting impatiently. Mary open the gate happily.

''Mary, I need to speak to my father, please.''

''Let me inform him'' and with that she left. After a while she came back saying that it was alright for me to see him and that he was waiting for me at the main room. I thanked her and stepped inside the palace.

''Father.'' I said when I saw him. ''I have to apologise about yesterday. It was my mistake for not being back on time. I was speaking with a young man in the village, really close to town and didn't see when the time passed. I'm terribly sorry.'' I said bowing my head, asking for forgiveness.

''I understand. However, what I told you is true. Except from our garden, you aren't allowed to go anywhere else outside the palace. Plus, I'm preparing a present to you so it would be bad if I was mad at you.''

''Present?'' I asked curious

''Yes my dear! You will learn soon what it is.''

''Sure.'' I said uninterested in whatever my present was.

I want to see them again. I want to speak to Olivia and Tom one more time. Now, just as I thought, I'm in a prison. Surrounded by walls, alone, it feels like I'm useless now to everyone.

A week past and I was a dead person again. I played to the violin and the piano, I attended boring speeches and tiring Princess Lessons but still not any kind of expression written on my face.

It was 5 of September. The day was cold and the sky clouded. The wind was blowing strong outside the window and goosebumps were formed onto my bare skin as I bathed in our huge golden tub.

I rubbed my skin with a bar of soap and washed it off. I sighed when the hot water hit my skin, it was really refreshing.

A knock wass heard on the door and I was startled. ''Daisy, when you finish come down to the dinning room. Your surprise is here!'' Father said and I was 100% sure that he was smiling.

It was rare for him to come himself and not send a maid. That means things our serious downstairs...