Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning. Hands and head pressing on Tom's warm necked chest. I sat up rubbing my sleepy eyes and let a yawn escape my lips. I took a look at the wooden clock on the opposite wall. It was 4 in the morning or night. It depends on your point of view. I dressed up on my still filthy-dirty clothes and after I kissed Tom on the forehead I headed to the palace.

2 Weeks had passed and I still hadn't talked to Tom since the incident with George. My father seemed a lot down cause of his son's-in-law death. He wasn't that sad in mother's funeral. I was so angry at him.

My dad also decided that he was going to fight himself in this war. He said that the only person which was his family (George) was dead. I wasn't offended at all. Actually, I didn't care that he didn't saw me as family. My mother told me in my dream after all not to trust him.

I had news from Tom. My father told me he was a great warrior. I was happy but nervous at the same time. Will he be safe?

On the 20th day of the war, things had only gotten worse. The screams now reached my ears even though I was inside the palace. My father was outside fighting alongside with Tom. If my father died I would have to lead the entire Kingdom myself. If Tom died I... I don't know what I would do.

I felt a bit dizzy with all the thinking so I sat on the extra large, soft sofa we had in the dinning room. Mary came in running when she saw me. ''Are you alright my princess?'' she asked.

''Yes, I'm perfectly fine.'' I got up and headed to my room. While passing by the restroom, I felt again the urge to vomit. Was I being that nervous again?

When I finished throwing up. I laid down on my bed. And tried to relax but I ended up falling asleep.

By the time I woke up, it was already evening. The time 7:30, the sky dark and the voices loud. I ran from the palace to the war. I can't take this anymore, I must see Tom...